Girls Parties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgobeauty

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up childrens parties where there are all different age ranges from 3-12. (the little ones dont have any makeup) I have worked with children so I have a full CRB and I have been a beauty therapist for a long time so am insured with professional beauty direct. I wanted to make sure that I am insured to do the usual sparkly make up and nails at these parties so have phoned my insurers to check and they have said this is fine. I just wondered if anyone knows if there is anything else insurance wise that I should be joined to. Call me paranoid but these days I guess you cant be too careful. The other thing is I wanted to tong the older girls hair and though I have insurance for beauty I am not a qualified hairdresser - does this make a difference?

I was going to take some one along at busy times to help tong hair - but would they need to be crb checked and insured too?

Does anyone else do little girls parties and insured specifically for that?

Thank you for any ideas.

Hi Becky,

I have a childrens pamper party business and like you was very aware of the legalities of working with children.

I contacted my insurers and they have assured me that my PLI covers me for children.....but not any child under the age of 5.....so check that out.

Also you have your crb so that is fine too.

Im not sure about the tonging hair side of things....but yes I assume you would need to be insured for hair styling at least.....this is where most of your risks may come from....bad enuf a bit of glitter in a childs eye but burnt skin is another thing.....I tend to steer clear of using heating products on children under the age of 11.

If your insures have said you are covered then may be best to get a covering letter from them or a name incase of comebacks. But yes your insurance and PLI covers you for children from 5 upwards.

Good luck with your venture...you'll love it xxx:hug:

meee again :lol:

Yes if you are taking someone along with you they will need to be crb checked.....however Im sure you can add them to your insurance instead of having a seperate insurance x

Hiya,

Your insurance is, also, dependant on you using correct and adequate heath and safety policies. Young children are prone to putting things in their mouth, so make sure you know what to do if they eat some of your products or rub something into their eyes etc. Make sure you have all your MSDS and COSHH sheets with you at all times:)

HTH
jes

Latest posts

Back