Giving up on Gellux-Shellac or Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwoody

Reaction score
I have been reading threads and now more confused then ever! is shellac a thicker polish then gelish? as gellux is quite thick,and lots of the colours very so much in application,that many colours i have sent back as they dont cure properly.( and they are rubbish at getting back to you still waiting 12 weeks later for refund!) so thought i would like to change . i also offer acyrgel nails which last forever,hard to remove,but both from different manufactors would like it all coming from one company really! i dont do nails every day as i do hair and beauty mainly,but feel that if i believed that the product would last and look great,it would be like (selling snow to the eskimos! ) hee hee, i have actually trained in several nail systems,but its mainly the semi polishes that i am asked for (to match the toe wraps that i do ) i know it could cost me a lot to set up,but i really want to get one and then stick to it ! advise is much appreciated . :)

I use Shellac and have a few gellux. My gellux cures fine removals my only problem so i prefer shellac for removal i find gellux actually lasts longer than shellac

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Shellac and Gelish are two entirely different products. Gelish is a gel, Shellac is a hybrid polish. You can fill Gelish (although many people chose not to do this) and Shellac you must remove every time. There is much info on here describing the differences between Shellac and other nail treatments. I have yet to find a line that is consistent in viscosity. Every color has a different pigment load, so some colors may appear to be thicker than others,although you can't really tell a huge difference. I suggest getting a few colors of each brand, try them out, and deciding which you like best.

I have been reading threads and now more confused then ever! is shellac a thicker polish then gelish? as gellux is quite thick,and lots of the colours very so much in application,that many colours i have sent back as they dont cure properly.( and they are rubbish at getting back to you still waiting 12 weeks later for refund!) so thought i would like to change . i also offer acyrgel nails which last forever,hard to remove,but both from different manufactors would like it all coming from one company really! i dont do nails every day as i do hair and beauty mainly,but feel that if i believed that the product would last and look great,it would be like (selling snow to the eskimos! ) hee hee, i have actually trained in several nail systems,but its mainly the semi polishes that i am asked for (to match the toe wraps that i do ) i know it could cost me a lot to set up,but i really want to get one and then stick to it ! advise is much appreciated . :)

Why not go have both done on yourself an see how you like it ?
Gelish and shellac very different but both good. I personally am a gelish girl! Love the colour range and find the company excellent along with the product itself but its personal choice. X

I couldn't really have any on my nails as I wear nail extensions ( none on at mo) and my nails are weak, and very short and without extensions they just bend as they are in water a lot with hairdressing! I usually gellux on top !

If you invest in a CND lamp and Shellac you can use Gelish too. The CND lamp will cure both. Just use the proper base and top coat for each.
I wear nail enhancements and Shellac. There are meant to go together !

Thanks for help Have ordered shellac starter kit , so at least I can offer both! Used gelish French the weekend, on a French polish seemed a lot thinner then gellux,prob with it bleeding into the sheer colour, so just dry brushed the smile line back( it seems to move more as gellux pretty much stayed where is was put!) any help on this would be great 😃

Latest posts

Back