Cancelling client!!! 😡

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just after a bit of advice.
I started taking a £10 non refundable deposit from new clients since Covid. I found that I got messed around so much when I didn’t take a deposit, it was definitely worth doing.
So last week I had a new client book in, she paid the deposit eventually and I let her know before she sent it that it was non refundable if she were to cancel.
She’s cancelled and moved her appointment twice already this week and I’ve just let it slide. She’s now booked in for next Friday and I’m getting really tired of her not coming now.
So, what do I do? As she’s paid her deposit. I’ve never had a situation like this in 10 years of running my business from home. But I feel like her cancelling 3 times is enough (if she does cancel next week) and I don’t think I’d want her as a client as she seems so unreliable!
Just asking advice on what other nail techs would do!
Thanks in advance

I also do non-refundable booking fees that can only be transferred ONE time, IF they cancel with at least 48 hrs notice. So I'd definitely add in the 'transfer' rule.

With this instance, she seems like a nightmare, so wait until her next app, and if she cancels it, and tries to move it, say:

'As this is the x time in a row that you have cancelled/rescheduled, I will be unable to book appointments for you in the future. While the booking fee is non-refundable, as a gesture of goodwill, I will gladly refund the £x booking fee that you paid. Please could you send your bank details so I can get the money sent over to you. Thank you.'

In the meantime, update your policy to mention the transfer rule. And if she attends her appointment on Friday and wishes to rebook, when you take the booking fee, make it clear to her that it is non-refundable but can be transferred once only if you choose to reschedule with 48 hrs notice x

I have a couple of clients like this, I don’t mind it. They normally give me at least a day notice and it suits them, which keeps them happy and coming back. I use the fresha app so they can go and wiggle it around themselves, I just go to the salon and see what I’ve got in.
If it’s really disrupting you I understand and you need to put her in her place, but if not let it go, how many salons will this client be able to be so flexible at? She will be a pain but yours for life!

Also the fresha app is great, i believe you can fix it so clients can only cancel/rearrange within a time you set…so 48rs, 24hrs etc so if they want to move and can’t on the app their only option is to turn up…or loose their deposit

If it’s really disrupting you I understand and you need to put her in her place, but if not let it go, how many salons will this client be able to be so flexible at? She will be a pain but yours for life!

Why would anyone want this aggro for life? Some clients are not worth it imo.

Hi all,
Just after a bit of advice.
I started taking a £10 non refundable deposit from new clients since Covid. I found that I got messed around so much when I didn’t take a deposit, it was definitely worth doing.
So last week I had a new client book in, she paid the deposit eventually and I let her know before she sent it that it was non refundable if she were to cancel.
She’s cancelled and moved her appointment twice already this week and I’ve just let it slide. She’s now booked in for next Friday and I’m getting really tired of her not coming now.
So, what do I do? As she’s paid her deposit. I’ve never had a situation like this in 10 years of running my business from home. But I feel like her cancelling 3 times is enough (if she does cancel next week) and I don’t think I’d want her as a client as she seems so unreliable!
Just asking advice on what other nail techs would do!
Thanks in advance
Your actions haven’t aligned with your words and policies so its too late this time.

But if she doesn’t turn up for this next one say sorry Ive tried to accommodate you but I don’t reschedule after 3 cancellations. Not a word about deposit but if she asks say it covers the 3hrs of your time that has been wasted without you working.

Next time, first cancellation take deposit with next booking.

I usually do fine no issues but every now and then there will be someone asking for a fiver back when half of its gone on the card fee and wasting time having a conversation with them over whatsapp for 4hrs when I should be doing marketing or admin. Like honey I aint free. You gotta pay to chat 😂😂

Latest posts

Back