Glitter fade acrylic help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasey590

Reaction score
Ok so I need to do a glitter fade, gold red and black. How would u do this with acrylic? Would you fade up the nail or down the nail and which colour order would be best? Also HOW exactly would you fade it? Would you make the tip the solid glitter then blend the edge of the middle glitter into the one on the tip and then the one at the cuticle into the the middle one???

Seriously need help with this. Also if you have pics that would show me how you've done this sort of look please post them.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398020431.723210.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398020453.990038.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398020469.615914.jpg

*~*~*~* Saucy Sweetheart *~*~*~*

Also, all three glitters are fine/chunky holographic

Ive only ever done glitter tips like a french or solid glitter,ive actually mixed 30% gitter with 70% acrylic powder,i supose mix the 3 colours seperatly and apply in order, overlapping slightly for your fading? Never done it, so sorry if wrong

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would do the set of acrylics then put clear gel on top , wipe tacky layer then apply glitter with my brush then top coat x

If your going to use gel shouldnt you leave tacky layer on for glitter to attach too? I do with shellac,

If your going to use gel shouldnt you leave tacky layer on for glitter to attach too? I do with shellac,

Yes lol I'm tired !!!! Don't wipe tacky layer , do second coat of colour add glitter then cure then topcoat x

I want to put the glitter in the acrylic so I'll be mixing it with clear acrylic.

I want to put the glitter in the acrylic so I'll be mixing it with clear acrylic.

Hi Kasey590,

Absolute Nails on Youtube does a lot of glitter fade videos, search for her on Youtube for some ideas. I have also done a few as well, search for Bels Gels on Youtube. Watching videos is a lot better than me trying to explain it on here. Here is a link to one of my videos where I have used a lot of different glitters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp_sRVyHHQA

The fading is the trickiest part but if you practice on a tip you should get the hang of it. Just use a little amount of glitter not too much and blend lightly with your brush.

HTH & good luck xo

Hi Kasey590,

Absolute Nails on Youtube does a lot of glitter fade videos, search for her on Youtube for some ideas. I have also done a few as well, search for Bels Gels on Youtube. Watching videos is a lot better than me trying to explain it on here. Here is a link to one of my videos where I have used a lot of different glitters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp_sRVyHHQA

The fading is the trickiest part but if you practice on a tip you should get the hang of it. Just use a little amount of glitter not too much and blend lightly with your brush.

HTH & good luck xo

Thanks so much!!!! I'll be doing them tonight so as soon as their done I'll post a pic!

Ok so I changed my mind on the colours BUT I love the colours I did use. These are my own nails :) Fine/Chunky Holographic Pink & Mauve

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398099211.808606.jpg

Ok so I changed my mind on the colours BUT I love the colours I did use. These are my own nails :) Fine/Chunky Holographic Pink & Mauve

View attachment 62737

They are lovely 😍 love the colours !! X

That pink and purple fade is gorg! Where do you get your glitters from they are lovely? Xxx

Great utube clip

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 62737

They look gorgeous Kasey590. Was this your first time?

Yeah it was my first attempt at an acrylic glitter fade :) :) I'm so pleased with how they turned out :-D

Yeah it was my first attempt at an acrylic glitter fade :) :) I'm so pleased with how they turned out :-D

Good for you, they look perfect. GREAT job xo

Latest posts

Back