Glitter on acrylics - what do you think is best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000whiterose000

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been trying to find the best way to apply glitter (tip/whole nail/fade) to acrylics. I don't like mixing my acrylic with glitter - im weird :)

Which way do u think is better:

1.apply to acrylic nail a thin layer of acrylic, add glitter while wet, press in, apply uv top coat
Or:
2.apply uv top coat to acrylic nail, cure, don't wipe - add glitter to tacky layer, press in, wipe excess, uv top coat and bake

Would love to know what u think :)

Thank u xx

Have you tried picking up your glitter with a bead of l&p??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you tried picking up your glitter with a bead of l&p??

Do u find this the best way? I've tried it but found it hard to control xx

Get some small pots and mix clear acrylic powder with a glitter of your choice according to manufacturers recommendation.

Or (and I generally prefer to do this) create l and p extensions as per normal and thrn use a good quality glitter nail polish in the same way that you would do any other nail art. Just make sure this is totally dry before applying a uv cured topcoat. Alternatively you could use a nail polish top coat but just be aware that this won't last as long.

I've tried picking up the glitter with a bead but I find I end up with gaps in the glitter. Would love to know if there is a trick to getting a nice even layer of glitter.

I've tried picking up the glitter with a bead but I find I end up with gaps in the glitter. Would love to know if there is a trick to getting a nice even layer of glitter.

That's just what happend to me! I tried again today, I will attach pic. I applied gel top coat, cured, didn't wipe - applied glitter to tacky coat, applied another top coat and cured :) xx

Attachments

• 2 tone glitter.jpg
    2 tone glitter.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 181
U can mix a little clear with any glitter to make a lovely colour if you don't want to store it I just use a spare glass dampening pot easily cleaned

Why dont you just do a clear enhancement and then just put the glitter over it in gel polish/shellac/whatever you use?

Much easier and easier when the client wants a change too :)

Latest posts

Back