Glitter tips, pre-glitter tips or apply own glitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, im new to this. Im wanting to do glitter tips but wondering which is better to do, apply pre-glittered tips or mix glitter with acrylic/gel and apply to do the smile line myself on natural/clear tips? And if both are good to do, can anyone recomend a good place to get decent strong pre-glittered tips as the nail suppliers i go to dont do them. thanks in advance! :)

I much prefer to buy glitter and mix it myself to create glitter enhancements. That way I can mix my own custom colours. Also you are able to use the glitter with different systems (uv gels, l&p or gel polish rockstars).

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

I bought Martha Stewart glitters and mixed 1 part glitter for 3 parts clear acrylic powder in a small pot. Mix/shake well and voila!

I always buy the glitter and mix with clear gel myself. Years ago I once bought glitter tips and they were awful. X

I almost never use tips...I'm a sculpting gal....so I pretty much mix into clear gel...or scrub onto tacky layer for different effect.

I find pre-glittered tips don't show up that well with an acrylic overlay on top so I buy my own glitter and mix it with my NSI powders to sculpt, or sometimes I use the mix over clear tips depending on what the natural nail is like. Ebay is a good place for experimenting with buying different coloured glitters.
xx

Thanks for all ur posts and advice :)

Danni look me up on fb if u have one... I can't put pics here and would love to show you how I do mine.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back