Glitter Tips....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeupartistjennyb

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if you can use the acrylic colour powders mixed with gel. Any advice on this would be great as I want to have a go at creatin gthese fab glitter tips.

Cheers Jenny :D :D :D :D :D

i dont think you should add the powder to gel, surley this would cause a reaction, and make the gel thick and unmanagable.

if you use gel and want glitter tips its best to use glitter, you can either mix the glitter in with the gel, or you apply the gel, and then sprinkle glitter on to it. so if you wanted just the tips glitter, use the gel (if its clear) to create a smile line, then before you cure sprinkle glitter on, either a little just to add small sparkle or loads to create a full on blinging tip, you then cure, then complete the nail not forgetting to float a littloe clear gel over the tip, so the glitter is encased, and if it is full of glitter, cap it aswell.

hope this helps.:wink2:

Thanks Sarah,

If I sprinkle on the glitter will I get the same desity as i see in some of the pictures on this site? I want to offer it as christmas nail art but I can only now use gel due to my asthma getting worse! I suppose I could try the normal nail art glitter dust?

Jenny :lol:

beautybonanza said:
Thanks Sarah,

If I sprinkle on the glitter will I get the same desity as i see in some of the pictures on this site? I want to offer it as christmas nail art but I can only now use gel due to my asthma getting worse! I suppose I could try the normal nail art glitter dust?

Jenny :lol:
the density will depend on the amount you sprinkle. also if someone has french but wants a little sparkle you can sprinkle on a tiny amount of glitter, its quite effective.

have a go on your nails (or someone else) and try out different amounts of glitter on each nail.

also you could do it the leighton way. sculpt the nails, do a very thin layer of clear gel on the form, to make the smile line, then apply the glitter like you would with regular nail art, mixed with a little glitter mixer/clear nail varnish. apply the glitter mix like you would with you white's, then finish the nail off not forgeting to cap the glitter in. clear tips would work just as well but you want to try to get this as thin as possible.

i've had a go at this before i got my glitter polymers, and its quite easy and looks fab. although i did do it with l&P.

problem with mixing glitter with gel, is that it is normally quite sparce, and not a big blob of glitter.

with regards to asthma, have you tried masks and good ventilation, or is it just a total no go area now?

hope this helps, and good luck experimenting, theres nothing better than glitter at christmas!

Thanks for all your tips I will try it out on my gunea pigs before offering it to clients!! Now that I just use gel I dont have anymore problems with asthma now that I just use gel. I do dampen my files before use which helps reduce the dust. I also have worn masks but when I get a new client it frightens them a bit! I will have to try sculting with gel as I have never done this before! Thanks for all the tips I have printed them off and will try them this week. Take Care Jenny :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back