Glitters for Shellac Rockstar nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jillybob

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Looking for advice on some glitter I have purchased for doing rockstar nails. I currently have 2 types of glitter a fine powder, which gives great metallic looking nails and a standard size glitter which I have trouble trying to apply. I have tried applying this to cured colour coat, wet colour coat, tried applying with a brush, dipping my fingers into the glitter and still cannot get a good full coverage with this glitter as it just seems to come off at the slightest touch when applying. Is this type of glitter not suitable for rockstar nails and should I be looking for a slightly finer type of glitter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi Guys, Looking for advice on some glitter I have purchased for doing rockstar nails. I currently have 2 types of glitter a fine powder, which gives great metallic looking nails and a standard size glitter which I have trouble trying to apply. I have tried applying this to cured colour coat, wet colour coat, tried applying with a brush, dipping my fingers into the glitter and still cannot get a good full coverage with this glitter as it just seems to come off at the slightest touch when applying. Is this type of glitter not suitable for rockstar nails and should I be looking for a slightly finer type of glitter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

You need fine or ultra fibe glitters for full coverage. Martha Stewart glitters are really good but my personal favourite are irresistible glitters which are available from s2. I apply these into a colour coat inhibition layer thats the nearest match to the glitter. I use CND Shellac. I burnish it in, wipe off excess with a fan brush then I use a layer of clearly pink cure then a layer of top coat and cure.

For chunkier glitters I find some will work on inhibition layer and not move around whereas other's don't. For the ones that don't I tend to apply to unsecured top coat then cure then top coat again x

Thank you stephiebaby for taking the time to reply. You confirmed what I have been thinking, I was looking at the Martha Stewart glitters last night, so will get a range of colours in. Thanks again x

Latest posts

Back