Glue pre-bonded removal - a bit nervous

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_mai

Reaction score
Hello, iv been doing hair extensions for 2 years now and love it :)
I have in the past few months introduced Russian, which as you are aware can last upto year if looked after correctly. So i have my first client who has booked in for a refit. I will be removing one day and then she will be returning a few days later for the refit.
Im sooo nervous!
Regarding removal, sometimes my bond dosent come out as one piece? so how can i re-use if this is the case?
Iv bought tips to re-tip the hair how do you find best to attach?

Any advise would be much appreciated

Thank you X

Hello, iv been doing hair extensions for 2 years now and love it :)
I have in the past few months introduced Russian, which as you are aware can last upto year if looked after correctly. So i have my first client who has booked in for a refit. I will be removing one day and then she will be returning a few days later for the refit.
Im sooo nervous!
Regarding removal, sometimes my bond dosent come out as one piece? so how can i re-use if this is the case?
Iv bought tips to re-tip the hair how do you find best to attach?

Any advise would be much appreciated

Thank you X

Hey! Nothing to be nervous about :) when you remove it, it may crumble so you'll need to cut of the entire bond area of each one and then reattach with new nail tips or hot keratin pot (takes a while lol) we find that when doing this type of service in the salon we allow extra time. Best if luck, MSG back let us know how it goes xxx

thanks Belle! :)
can i ask when you mean cut the entire bond off and re attach a new bond how do you do this? would you melt the new bond ever so slightly and stick the hair to it? if that makes sense! i know it will be one of these things that once iv done it il wonder what i ever worried for!! x

Bumping this up in hope some geeks have a bit more info.

I'm the same.. Fitted two European full heads two weeks ago and know that at the end of the 3 months they will want it refitted which is how I basically sold it to them.

How would you retip the strands?x

Yes u cut the whole bond off then heat the tip slightly and reattach a new bond to the hair hth :) x

Can I just ask where you get the new bonds from as I have only ever done this with great lengths where you buy re bonding sticks? Thanks :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Yes u cut the whole bond off then heat the tip slightly and reattach a new bond to the hair hth :) x

Would you need a glue pot for I tip ? And dip it then roll it?

How much would you heat the nail tip ? Where do you get them? And do you find this easier than sending them back to the supplier to be retipped ?

Sorry for all the questions but as I've just started and wasn't taught this its really useful to know as I will be reusing hair in the next coming months xx

Latest posts

Back