Go mobile or search for another job?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liivayyyy

Reaction score
I currently work 2days a week in a 'salon' and 2 days a week waitressing. I'm also just finishing off on my level 3 at college. The salon I'm at isn't exactly a salon. It's a photo studio and I do hair for photo shoots. I do the odd hair cut but the owner doesn't like booking time out on cuts instead of photo shoots (which is fair as it's lots of money with the shoots) but I have asked for more hours and they can't offer me more. They want me to do make up. Which I don't want to do but they said they will give me more hours if I do it. I want to leave my waitressing job completely and do hair. I was thinking keeping my 2days at the salon and to go mobile. But I'm worried the mobile won't work out and I will just be wasting my money :/ it's so difficult when I'm not bringing in enough money with the 2 jobs I have. It's either save up and go mobile. Or search for another salon job. Or do both!!

I would say definitely go mobile do a leaflet drop keep your prices reasonable you will be busy in no time. Go for it.xx

Latest posts

Back