Go to college and do NVQ again?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxLouisxx

Reaction score
Is this possible? I have my NVQ 2 in hairdressing but changed career shortly after due to confidence. Big mistake. Been 9 years now, do you think I can go back to college and retrain? Thanks x

I dont see why not. Although hairdressing has changed a lot in the last 9 years, you would still find it much easier than a complete newbie. Good luck x

There was a woman when I was at college who was retraining, she was doing level 2 and 3, and she was loving it. good luck xx

I just finished my level 2, 13 years after my level 1! don't ask lol! But I really enjoyed every minute of it and did find a lot of it easier as I'd worked in a salon for a year all that time ago, go for it, I'm so glad i did :)

Thanks everyone. I'm taking a little visit to the college this week x

i did it, because as persianista says, it had changed so much over the years

i didnt tell them i did it 13 years earlier but they sussed me within 3 weeks, assessed me and fast tracked me, all done within 14 months and alot of hard graft and alot of extra hours.

i am now thinking of teaching it

good luck and enjoy it and dont forget, if you have no nvql2 qualification, apply for funding.

Latest posts

Back