Going back alone after 4 years

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiobhanMarie

Reaction score
I have recently decided to go back to working alone.
I opened up on my own in a gym 4years ago I had one room and did everything from there I lived it but then fell pregnant so I moved to a nicer area and started renting 3 rooms. I have gone through 5 members of staff (1 still with me). Iv tried employed. Self employed. Nail technicians renting space and every experience I have found people just take take take. . NO cleaning. Selfies on Facebook in work time. Taking staff products. Looking a mess. No uniforms after iv paid for several. Gobby. Client complaints. Friends starting up down the road. It's just been a horrible experience and I do think I am not the best boss cause I find it so hard to have to tell people.
My last straw was a member of staff swearing at a client for complaining over Facebook.
I just feel my reputation I have worked so hard for is getting damaged by selfish young girls who don't know what hard work is.
I have found a well know salon to rent two rooms from a lot smaller than where I am but I should be able to push my environ, LVL and HD as the salon works with well known brands also. I am so scared if I do it ill regret it but on the other hand my son is 3 I miss so much time with him and have such a headache from staff that I feel this will suit me better until I have learnt more about running the business and my son is older.

Sounds to me like you've made the right decision. If you're no longer enjoying going into work each day, then you need to change something and your little boy won't be little for very long.

Good luck with the new venture. :)

Latest posts

Back