Going back to college to do hairdressing... Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShannonJo

Reaction score
I'm thinking of going back to college to do hairdressing

I can do a half a year course at level 2 and a years at level 3?

What does that mean? Can I work as a hairdresser at level 2? Or do I need to do level 3?

Ah so confused can someone help me? Lol x

Half a year for level 2? Im not sure thats right normally two years, but yes its a year for level 3 and once you have your level 2 you are legally qualified, level 3 is good for the experience though!

Alexandra x

You can work as a hairdresser at level 2,but you are better to do level 3 as well,as most employers prefer you to have level 3 as you will have a better understanding of hairdressing. Hope this helps

is it nvq or vrq level 2 im studying level 2 vrq and ive been told you are not qualified to work in a salon till ive done my level 3 which is then equal to a nvq3 x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Oh I'll have to look into that thanks for the help girls x

level 3 is equivlent to a nvq3 i mean x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I did my NVQ level 2 for two years & my VRQ level 3 for one year. I couldnt believe it when i found out that nvq level 2 is now only 1 year at my old college! ONE YEAR!?!! Its not even a whole year after you take the holidays out.Thats a hell of alot of learning in a short space of time. I wouldnt of been able to learn enough to qualify in that amount of time! :/ xx

I'm currently doing the nvq 2 as an adult full time, it's insane.
We started in September and have today sat our last written test.
As soon as we finish our practical assessments on clients in the salon, we have officially finished. Some people are very close to finishing already.
I feel okay about it but I used to do it years ago so already had a fair amount of knowledge practically, but for absolute beginners I feel this course has been very rushed.
If you are new to hairdressing I would suggest that the level 3 is a must.

Latest posts

Back