Going blond to brown?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hi not a colour expert but can you go from blond to light brown easily?

customer really wants it done. we aint done it in salon yet so not sure and my colour girl not in to monday to check..

thanks..all

Last edited:
yes of course you can darker no prob but not so easy go lighter if she don't like it? what colours are you using?? x

ok i wasnt sure how difficult it is as she is so worried. she had her bleached by another salon
and it fell off.
we have only done dark to light..or highlights etc..

she has gone light to dark before and it went a funny colour so she is really nervous... dont want to dissapoint her.

we use wella touch (semi permenant) and next (permanent)...

Last edited:
When going light to dark, always, always, always, use semi permanent. It will be gentler on their previously lightened hair and will last just as long as permanent color.

Every client I have had wanting to go darker after being light has been apprehensive about it. I would always go just a little lighter and they loved it.

Not knowing what her natural level is and with her saying 'brown', I would use the Color Touch and use 7/O. If you wanted to, you could do half 7/0 and half 7/73. Keep in mind the hair will look one level darker, so it will look like a 6. If you want to go a little lighter, do half 8/0 and half 7/0.

Good luck, and remember, it's only hair! Don't go too dark, go a little lighter and she will be happy!

Latest posts

Back