Going from mobile to salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailqueen1

Reaction score
hi there i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice please? i am looking to move from mobile to salon as i am at full capacity but am not quite sure of what insurance's,health and saftey,third party and anything else really. i am a full babtac memeber but wondered what else i need? could any salon owners please point me in the right direction. many thanks karen x

You need your public liability like you already have,
salon and stock insurance to cover you for any break ins etc,
if you buy the salon buildings insurance, if you rent this is usually the landlords responsibility,
an accident book for just in case,
employers liability if you are going to be taking on staff or work experience students from college,
health and safety is a poster that you display and can be bought from most stationers,
need to let inland revenue know within 3 months,
check what your business rates will be before signing for any salon (varies from shop to shop) and make sure you get in touch with your local council straight away so you can apply for small business relief (this will save you £100s)
that's all i can think of just now from the top of my head but hth :hug:

is the salon up and running already or are you setting up fron scratch?:smack:

setting up from scratch but i already have a 3yr busy mobile business that i want to now take in to a salon x

fantastic thank you muchly. do i not need some form of health and safety check? and also are there any guidelines that u know of for ventillation with nails? x

You would need to contact your local council for answers to both those questions as they all have different rules for each area,
where i am,
if there is only 1 tech doing nails in the room, as long as you have 1 window that can be opened, that is enough for ventilation in their eyes, hth

Latest posts

Back