Going mobile / self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairfairy1904

Hair fairy
Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I left the salon I was working at a short time ago. After being signed off work and not hairdressing until after my notice period was up I realised how much I missed hairdressing and started to get back into doing my friends and family's hair. They've now been asking me if they can recommend me to friends. I've had some business cards made and decided to take the plunge and go mobile !! (Praying it's the right decision!)

Obviously only just starting this so I haven't told any of my previous clients yet I'm doing 2-3 people a week at the moment.

What I'm wondering is when do I register that this is my new job. Wondering if any of you self employed geeks can point me in the right direction and when should I do this?

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance [emoji18]

Last edited:
Best of luck Hun! There is a .gov website for registering. The other geeks will give better advice on timings x

Best of luck Hun! There is a .gov website for registering. The other geeks will give better advice on timings x
Thank you so much JayM !

You have up to 3 months to declare yourself s/e I think. @AcidPerm @squidgernetball are usually spot on with this stuff though.

Latest posts

Back