Going mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicksyb

Reaction score
Hi
Having stumbled over this iste i am loving it, therefore i am asking for some advice.

I am hoping to start my own mobile beauty business. My current status is that i am looking for manicure/pedicure and facial courses in norfolk. Ideally i would love to do an NVQ but thats an impossibility as the only college in Norfolk that does the course is so heavily subscribed to that it it is now my second year of being told its full on both part and full time basis.
Which now leads me to my question ---
I am looking to take a private course at a beauty school in Norwich who offer 1 and 2 days practical courses. Now if i didnt have any prior knowledge of the subjects i wouldnt even consider it but, when i was 18 i did do my NVQ L2 however after a disagreement with my tutor i never had my coursework marked so never got the qualification. (All that hard work for nothing, but i was young and stupid). Therfore i have a lot of the background info i need for these courses. They are offering there own diploma at the end of these courses that are accredited with The professional guild of beauty therapy.
Is it worth me doing this course?
Sorry its a bit long winded but i have so many questions and no one to ask
:lol:

Hi
Having stumbled over this iste i am loving it, therefore i am asking for some advice.

I am hoping to start my own mobile beauty business. My current status is that i am looking for manicure/pedicure and facial courses in norfolk. Ideally i would love to do an NVQ but thats an impossibility as the only college in Norfolk that does the course is so heavily subscribed to that it it is now my second year of being told its full on both part and full time basis.
Which now leads me to my question ---
I am looking to take a private course at a beauty school in Norwich who offer 1 and 2 days practical courses. Now if i didnt have any prior knowledge of the subjects i wouldnt even consider it but, when i was 18 i did do my NVQ L2 however after a disagreement with my tutor i never had my coursework marked so never got the qualification. (All that hard work for nothing, but i was young and stupid). Therfore i have a lot of the background info i need for these courses. They are offering there own diploma at the end of these courses that are accredited with The professional guild of beauty therapy.
Is it worth me doing this course?
Sorry its a bit long winded but i have so many questions and no one to ask
:lol:

Hi and welcome to the site. You'll love it!

Two things cross my mind initially. One is, how long is it since you did your NVQ? Things change and move on, and you may well have fallen behind. The other is, short courses are fine up to a point, but will not give you the same depth of learning that a longer course will. I would think very carefully before spending out on a course that may not give you all the training you need. Is there another college that you can get into, even if it involves some travelling?

Hi
Its now been about 5 years since i did the NVQ and i do understand that things have changed. As for looking for another college its a bit hard, i work full time and the next college would be in kings lynn and thats about an hour away, so its a bit hard to get to. The beauty school im looking at are going to be offering CIBTAC qualifications shortly so maybe i should just wait and then have a look at them.
Decisions, Decisions, its so hard knowing what is the best thing to do when money is short and you just want to go for it:confused:

Hi
Its now been about 5 years since i did the NVQ and i do understand that things have changed. As for looking for another college its a bit hard, i work full time and the next college would be in kings lynn and thats about an hour away, so its a bit hard to get to. The beauty school im looking at are going to be offering CIBTAC qualifications shortly so maybe i should just wait and then have a look at them.
Decisions, Decisions, its so hard knowing what is the best thing to do when money is short and you just want to go for it:confused:

Tbh I think you'd be better off waiting and getting a good course rather than rushing into something because you want to do it NOW!!:) The CIBTAC course is very good, it's the one I did, although it's also probably changed a lot since then. You can use your time until then by doing research into some updated info. There's loads on here, and the HABIA website is very good too, especially on things like health and safety.

Do it right first time, and you'll save yourself a lot of grief (and money) later on.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Latest posts

Back