Going rate for a hairdresser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then as a sole trader the turnover of all businesses are combined for the VAT threshold to be applicable . So all your salons together (doesn't matter if they are beauty or hair or anything else for that matter), so having another salon will send you over the threshold xx

She earlier said that all the business's are nearly at vat threshold 🙊

She earlier said that all the business's are nearly at vat threshold 🙊

Well if thats the case then theres a pretty big bill on it's way! Cheshire Gal has your accountant not given you any insight on this?

Well if thats the case then theres a pretty big bill on it's way! Cheshire Gal has your accountant not given you any insight on this?

So if I decided to open another salon, I have One at the moment, as a sole trader the turnover from BOTH salons would be just one joint income so to speak? If one salon say had 50k turnover and the other had 35k it would be a total of 85k and a bill for the remaining 10k? As it's over the threshold...

Sorry for being thick lol, I only have 1 premises so this is a minefield to me :D

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

So if I decided to open another salon, I have One at the moment, as a sole trader the turnover from BOTH salons would be just one joint income so to speak? If one salon say had 50k turnover and the other had 35k it would be a total of 85k and a bill for the remaining 10k? As it's over the threshold...

Sorry for being thick lol, I only have 1 premises so this is a minefield to me :D

Hi KHS,

You charge and pay VAT from the date of registration. Once you hit £81,000 over a 12 month rolling period you become liable to be registered. The exception would be if you had a huge influx from a sale of equipment or something to make you go above it but normally you will be below. Hope that makes sense?

Edited as forgot to answer the first question! Yes, as a sole trader the turnover for each salon would be viewed as one xx

Hi KHS,

You charge and pay VAT from the date of registration. Once you hit £81,000 over a 12 month rolling period you become liable to be registered. The exception would be if you had a huge influx from a sale of equipment or something to make you go above it but normally you will be below. Hope that makes sense?

Edited as forgot to answer the first question! Yes, as a sole trader the turnover for each salon would be viewed as one xx

Ahhh yes I get it now, learnt something today, I even thought the threshold was 75k too
Thank you whitelotus, I know where to come for info if I branch out lol x

Ahhh yes I get it now, learnt something today, I even thought the threshold was 75k too
Thank you whitelotus, I know where to come for info if I branch out lol x

You're very welcome x

Then as a sole trader the turnover of all businesses are combined for the VAT threshold to be applicable . So all your salons together (doesn't matter if they are beauty or hair or anything else for that matter), so having another salon will send you over the threshold xx

I only own one, but manage the other 3 for NMW. My sister owns one and my husband does too. 3 separate businesses. All with different bank accounts, all with different people who are responsible for the bills.

I only own one, but manage the other 3 for NMW. My sister owns one and my husband does too. 3 separate businesses. All with different bank accounts, all with different people who are responsible for the bills.

Nothing you say makes sense!! First you OWN 3 business and the buildings, each salon is just under the threshold and now and now your saying you don't own the businesses and the buildings?!

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?p=2306467

(quoted)I havent done too bad. 3 salons and own each building. Been hard though, but reaping the rewards now and then some. I made the decision no to be VAT registered for a number of reasons. As beauty us a service industry the VAT that you recoup us disproportionate. I could also see which direction the industry was going. Generation Y, people being encouraged to be self-employed / work for themselves, VAT increasing etc. At 80K turnover now i pay no VAT. With a turnover of 100K i have to pay 20K VAT leaving me with 80K the same. Then i have to employ someone extra to make up the extra 20K. Too hard to sustain. Easy option for me. Im not a charity unfortunately and will fight tooth and nail to keep my lifestyle x

I personally don't think you know what you're talking about. Every time you post you contradict yourself then try dig yourself out with another story....

Own 1, manage the other 3...... That's 4 then?

Own 1, manage the other 3...... That's 4 then?

See what I mean? One story after another, just as I said in post above you
Pffftttt

I smells a rat

I smell something...

This thread is probably one of her "social experiments".

Cheshire likes to do those to get people riled.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not so much rilled but she's defo made herself look a bit 🙊

Haha, I don't get riled over BS, I just lose interest and pity them for having to do such a thing lol

This thread kept me entertained for 10 minutes. :confused:

Latest posts

Back