Going self employed! Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateeLouise

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I have been offered a job self employed 50 50 owner buys all products and has all the clients waiting for me already, only thing I am worried about is money! I am ment to be getting married next august and need to save ATM I am working 2 days a week for 40£ and this new salon said I'll be busy all way up till Xmas now, she also said I could do 60 40 and both buy products but I am unsure so need advice what to do and need to no by 7 clock x

Hi geeks, I have been offered a job self employed 50 50 owner buys all products and has all the clients waiting for me already, only thing I am worried about is money! I am ment to be getting married next august and need to save ATM I am working 2 days a week for 40£ and this new salon said I'll be busy all way up till Xmas now, she also said I could do 60 40 and both buy products but I am unsure so need advice what to do and need to no by 7 clock x

Hmmmm, busy all the way til December? Usually we get a little quiet around oct.

I would want to know how this owner knows that the clients will be waiting for you? No salon owner knows that for sure.

Is it an established new salon? Or a new,new salon? You need to see the appointment book.

If you buy the products you will need a considerable outlay, can you afford quality products, also will all these clients be happy with the products you use and not the owners products, or will you have to buy all the same products?

This will all need careful consideration. It's not something I would jump in to feet first.

I have seen the appointment book and the old tech was busy all way through till Xmas and was making money £80 minimum and I don't have nothing to pay out so I wouldn't mind, and she has had the salon 3 years and Thursday Friday and Saturday's are the busiest times x

Hi,

This is the same way I work in a salon (50/50 and they supply products) and it is a very good way! You don't have to worry about buying anything you just take your money at the end of the week and that's yours( tax and NI obviously has to be paid) if you've looked at the books and think they are busy and feel confident do it! It's the best thing I did, no start up costs nothing to lose! Good luck!! :)

Hi,

This is the same way I work in a salon (50/50 and they supply products) and it is a very good way! You don't have to worry about buying anything you just take your money at the end of the week and that's yours( tax and NI obviously has to be paid) if you've looked at the books and think they are busy and feel confident do it! It's the best thing I did, no start up costs nothing to lose! Good luck!! :)
Yes think of going a head with it and if you don't mind me asking how long does it take you to do acrylic? I only qualified in June and takes me 2 hours with nails but hopefully with been busy it well help me get my timing down x

Yes think of going a head with it and if you don't mind me asking how long does it take you to do acrylic? I only qualified in June and takes me 2 hours with nails but hopefully with been busy it well help me get my timing down x

I cross out 1hour and a half but usually takes about 1hour 15mins. Once you are busy in the salon you will get your timings down but don't worry about your timing for now! Aslong as you know your doing your best and they look fab they won't mind! Good luck with it all, let us all know how you get on!! :) x

Aww thanks made me feel better was just worrying about it all I will defiantly let you know how I get on I start tomorrow x

Aww thanks made me feel better was just worrying about it all I will defiantly let you know how I get on I start tomorrow x

Exciting!! Good luck :) x

Latest posts

Back