Goldwell Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautiqueHair

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if someone could explain Goldwell's numbering system?

I am looking at starting to use Goldwell, and took a brief look at Capital the other day, and have looked online. But I find the numbering system very confusing! What do the letters represent?

Thank you in advance for your help!

And, sorry if this seems like a very basic question!

Hi All,

Just wondering if someone could explain Goldwell's numbering system?

I am looking at starting to use Goldwell, and took a brief look at Capital the other day, and have looked online. But I find the numbering system very confusing! What do the letters represent?

Thank you in advance for your help!

And, sorry if this seems like a very basic question!

I think I may have just found the answer?

R- Red
B - Blue
V- Violet...

And so on..

Or am I completely wrong? Haha! Sorry!

I think I may have just found the answer?

R- Red
B - Blue
V- Violet...

And so on..

Or am I completely wrong? Haha! Sorry!

With gold well I think it's
Similar to matrix, k is copper
G- gold
P- pearl
B- beige
N- neutral
A- ash

Erm now I'm stuck, not a fan of goldwell lol

I used to use goldwell bout 5 years ago for a while and I must say I hated it probably the worst colour line I've used. Xx

I used to use goldwell bout 5 years ago for a while and I must say I hated it probably the worst colour line I've used. Xx

This is very interesting... I have heard mixed reviews.

The only real reason I am looking into using it, is because I have a friend who works for ******* who has said this is the colour line they use.

And, I guess I just assumed that it must be good enough for me if it is for them.

Im going to get some models to use so that I can try it out and make sure its the right one for me.

Thanks for the help both of you! :)

x

Last edited:
This is very interesting... I have heard mixed reviews.

The only real reason I am looking into using it, is because I have a friend who works for Tony & Guy, who has said this is the colour line they use.

And, I guess I just assumed that it must be good enough for me if it is for them.

Im going to get some models to use so that I can try it out and make sure its the right one for me.

Thanks for the help both of you! :)

x

Having seen the states of some colours that come out of theirs say no!

Having seen the states of some colours that come out of theirs say no!

You know what, also, again, its funny you say this.

I have just had a lady wanting to book in for full head with me.

And, she has explained she went there last week, and went from a very white blonde, and wanted to achieve a bright violet.

But, her hair has gone grey at the ends, and a lovely bright violet at the roots.

Needless to say, they have let her leave like it, when she informed them she was not happy, apparently they have said there is nothing wrong?

Unprofessional.

Note: Just going to remove the salon name from above post, as probably not good shaming them on here.
x

Goldwell ellumen range are fab but I don't really recommend there other colours, there toners don't last long compared to others I've usedxx

We've recently changed to Goldwell at work and I cant stand it. I'm from a L'Oreal background and have lost all confidence when it comes to using goldwell. From what I've seen they are all really warm, the tones seem very strong yet the depth is really lacking. They have a double N base e.g. 7NN which is for covering stubborn/coarse grey hair but it doesnt come close. I'm incredibly disappointed and considering finding a new job as the management arent willing to listen to my concerns

Latest posts

Back