Got an interview!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
I have finished level 2 manicure/pedicure and am now studying acrylic nail enhancements. I plan on doing a gel polish day asap.
I saw an advert for a part time nail technician and applied explaining I'm still in training but would love the opportunity and will be qualified very soon. They have asked me in for interview!! 😃
I have some questions please geeks.
Should I wear smart office clothes or my beauty tunic and trousers to he interview?
What should I take with me?
What sort of questions should I expect to be asked?
I was going to train in gel polish with CND or nail harmony but as the salon use artistic colour gloss I'm interested to know if I would be able to use this if I were trained in other brands?
Thank you!!!

Heyy firstly good luck

Wear something smart, your first impression is your last.

The question's they'll ask are, firstly what can you offer, they may ask you to explain how you do a pedicure, because everyone's taught differently. They'll give you some scenarios and ask what you would do.

Just stay calm and you'll be fine..good luck

Xx :)

Thank you 😊
Ok I'll wear smart clothes. I just wasn't sure if it was more normal to wear my beauty tunic.
I'll take my certificate and some pics of my work.

I always take my tunic to an interview with me in case they ask me to do a treatment for them. I've had to do back massages at interview before (spa therapy jobs) so it helps to be prepared that way. Although I imagine for nails you won't need to change.

Certificates and examples of your work is a good idea.

They might ask you why you chose to work in nails, when have you gone the extra mile for a client or customer, where you want to be in 5 years, and make sure you have at least one or two questions to ask them.

Good luck xx

Thank you as well. All good stuff to know.
I'm still confused about brands though! If I had shellac training for example would I be able to use artistic at work at a salon? Or do you have to train in the exact brand you are going to use at work?

I trained using shellac at college and went for interview in a salon that used Gelish and did a little treatment with it. Usually you just need your basic mani/pedi certificate to apply gel polishes so you should be okay. I know plenty of techs who did mani/pedi and used those certificates to purchase Shellac and even those trained with ManiQ gels using gelish or shellac alongside, hope this helps x

Thank you as well. All good stuff to know.
I'm still confused about brands though! If I had shellac training for example would I be able to use artistic at work at a salon? Or do you have to train in the exact brand you are going to use at work?

Same situation for me too, the salon trained me up in the gel polish they prefer as I was covered under their insurance. Don't worry about it too much.

They will probably ask where you see yourself in 5 years, a friend of mine answered a spa when it was a fast paced salon, mainly beauty treatments. That's the reason she didn't get the job.

Stay calm and think before you answer. You'll be great

Ah awesome. Thank you! I get it now lol.
One more thing!
I have pics of my work on my phone would it be ok to show them like that? I don't have a printer!

I got the job 😀
I'm just a little nervous where I'm still training about performing some treatments.
As I'll be employed by them does it mean it's their responsibility to make sure I'm insured? I don't want to be liable!

You need to check with them I think...

I got the job 😀
I'm just a little nervous where I'm still training about performing some treatments.
As I'll be employed by them does it mean it's their responsibility to make sure I'm insured? I don't want to be liable!

If you're employed, it's their responsibilityto insure you x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I got the job 😀

Congratulations!

If you're employed, it's their responsibilityto insure you x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks! That's put my mind at ease. I'll of course check the contract too 😀

Latest posts

Back