Greasy hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Hello i have client whos hair that gets greasy after around 3 hours.
At the moment she is using loreàl sensibalance shampoo and conditioner (before that i used a clarifying shamppo to clear any build up) she has been using for around 4 months. Before this we tried not washing her hair once a week and when i say her hair was dripping in oils i mean they were dripping. Her test results came back from gp today and she has no form of inbalancment in her glands or oils or any other hormone inbalancement, she leads a normal life style, eats a well balanced diet which im not worried about, she has her shower luke warm, hair dryer luke warm and her hair straightners on 180 and ha dries and straightens her hair with gloves on to stop any transfer of any oils from hands.
Im out of advice for her. Can any body give any further advice?
My wearhouse stocks

Amargan
Clynol
Loreàl
Macadamia
Osmo
Proclere
Revlon
Schwarzkopf
Sexy hair
Truzone
Wella

There is threads on this advising silicone free but i only really know loreàl and sensibalance usually works wonders.
Thanks in advance

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

De lorenzo have a beautiful range... nit sure if it available in the uk yiu maybe able to order it ??.

L'Oreal Pure Resource shampoo is good for oily scalps, if she has fine hair Volumetry range is awesome including the SOS spray to touch up when hair gets flatter. Joico has good Daily Care shampoos, Balancing one would be what I'd try and it's safe to use every day. Kevin Murphy Maxi Wash is also one of my favourites. Make sure no conditioner on scalp and something lightweight..I find a lot of people use really heavy moisturising ones when they don't really need it and then complain about the oiliness.

Hope you find something that works :)

Have you considered that it might be scalp hydrosis? Oil doesn't tend to spread down the hair shaft (hence the ever popular oily roots and dry ends), whereas sweat as it consists of mainly water spreads much more quickly xx

Latest posts

Back