Green based hair colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorna_

Reaction score
Hiiii [emoji5]️ I'm looking for a green based ash brown colour. I want a flat brown but have previous red tones showing through.

Does anyone know of a brand that does a green based colour?
Thanks

Hi Lorna, I would attempt to cleanse some of the red out first before as the red will always shine through once the green tone fades out. What Colour range do you use and I'll try and help you

I have bleach washed my hair already and my friend who is also a hairdresser has applied a 6a in matrix. It's covered well but still looks a little warm. I'm happy to use any brand as matrix don't have a green based colour. And I'm happier to go darker than a 6 as it looks quite light x

I'm afraid it's pretty difficult to clean out red. /28 or /22 in Wella are green bases. Perhaps you could make a green by using blue and gold in Matrix?

I could try that! I might look at the wells shades and then make a choice. I'm not 100% sure matrix do a proper blue. If they have I haven't used it

6mb in goldwell is pretty good at neutralising red but if it's really vibrant I would prob give it a cleanse first.

Joico ashes are green based x

Schwarpskopf have a .3 & goldwell have .M

L'Oreal do the 07 or 17 which are green base ash.

They came out lovely.

Affinage .1 is green

No matter how matte you go, if there is a certain amount of red left it will shine through after some washes. Your best bet is to cleanse to a deep gold so if you use an ash it will fade to a matte

Latest posts

Back