Green hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twixabix

Reaction score
Hi geeks one of my clients did this to her daughters hair.. It was supposed to be blue, I'm guessing there was too much yellow in it and that's why it went green. Anyway she has asked me to sort it out as she is going to be s bridesmaid in a few weeks. Not really sure the best way to go about it as I have never had to get rid of green hair. Would I use a colour stripper or bleach it and what colour would I need to get it to to put purple on it (crazy colour ) I'm a bit worried will I need to pre pig it as well HELP please !!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454835478.350305.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454835491.647319.jpg

Use a clear or 10 I can't remember whether 20 or 30 vol is the best peroxide strength to use. Have a search through the threads they'll tell you what to use.

I wouldn't be inclined to use crazy colours. I've read that they, especially the purples, fade back green.

Clear and 20vol if removing a direct dye. Definitely do not bleach as that will make it worse.

Just be aware that if the client is under 16, you won't be insured to apply any chemical processes to it.

Is she going to have purple hair as a bridesmaid? I'd advise her to wait until after the wedding as direct dyes can sometimes stain the hair and then it would just look awful.

10/0 and 20 volume - ammonia is what you need - definitely nooooo bleach. I've tried the mix 1:1 and 1:2 and 1:1 is better. Then you could tone with Colour that has s slight pinkiness to it to neutralize the residual mintiness. It is a nightmare to remove!

Clear and 20vol if removing a direct dye. Definitely do not bleach as that will make it worse.

Just be aware that if the client is under 16, you won't be insured to apply any chemical processes to it.

Is she going to have purple hair as a bridesmaid? I'd advise her to wait until after the wedding as direct dyes can sometimes stain the hair and then it would just look awful.
Thanks for the help.
Yes she wants purple hair to match her dress [emoji15] not my idea of a bridesmaid but what do I know lol, she is 22 would you believe her mum thinks she is Vidal Sassoon [emoji23]

10/0 and 20 volume - ammonia is what you need - definitely nooooo bleach. I've tried the mix 1:1 and 1:2 and 1:1 is better. Then you could tone with Colour that has s slight pinkiness to it to neutralize the residual mintiness. It is a nightmare to remove!
Ok thanks
When you say pinky do you mean something like instamatic pink dream ?

Use a clear or 10 I can't remember whether 20 or 30 vol is the best peroxide strength to use. Have a search through the threads they'll tell you what to use.

I wouldn't be inclined to use crazy colours. I've read that they, especially the purples, fade back green.
Thanks
Are you talking just the make crazy colour as she has got the purple and it's not crazy colour not sure what it is tbh I haven't seen it yet

If you're using crazy Colour marshmallow is ok. Instamatic pink dream with loads of clear. Trial and error, and watch like a hawk! Blue - especially crazy Colour/ directions blues/teal and Violet's all seem to fade to this greeny blue colour that comes back as soon as bleach touches it. I always do the ammonia and 6% and then try and tone the rest away.

Some direct dyes stain the skin quite badly so make sure you apply a decent barrier cream when you apply it.

I like manic panic, directions and Splat for their purples.

Finished hair
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455391867.061461.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455391884.641950.jpg

No more green, thanks for the help people [emoji4]

Looks lovely.
What did you use for the purple?

Out of curiosity what did you go with to remove the green? And how did it work? (I'm still learning and LOVE this site for tips and tricks) x

Hey so the best thing to remove green is actually just put 10/0 blonde colour on it with 20vol? sorry excuse me if I am being really dumb! x

Out of curiosity what did you go with to remove the green? And how did it work? (I'm still learning and LOVE this site for tips and tricks) x
I was recommended to use base 10 with 20 vol by sugarplumfairy which almost did the trick, although she did say to not use bleach I did put some on very quickly as I didn't think the hair was light enough so it lifted to around a warm 8 base, even after the green and as you can see it looked lovely.

Thanks. It was called purple fox by arctic fox it's really nice
Sorry The make is arctic fox and the colour was purple rain [emoji15]

Hi just wondering what a clear Is? I've just qualified but I've not heard of this. Thanks in advance.

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear is a colourless colour (!). It's sometimes called a clear gloss or a clear glaze by some manufacturers.
It's an oxidising tint that releases ammonia when mixed with developer (as they all do) and the ammonia lifts out the direct dye colour molecules.
If you've only just passed, you'll probably find it useful to spend some time learning more about colour and colour correction as level 2 only scratches the surface of colouring.

Latest posts

Back