Groupon to advertise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adelahoya

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
Has anyone used groupon to offer hair services? I would like to do special offers via groupon just wondering if anyone has had success from this? Is it worth it and do you get much response?
Thanks x

I did a deal with Itison, same idea as Groupon! You will probably hear a lot of different views on these kind of sites but for me personally it word well! We are just starting out and it got us a lot if people in and some people have already returned! I think your location is important too, we are based in a small village so I found that it was all local people that bought it. Yes some people will always look for the next deal, and if your in a big city where there always is a deal on somewhere you might struggle more! Hope this helps

Ps. I should have said mine was beauty though not hair so might be a bit different!

You need to read the fine print, groupon takes half the money, so you don't make any money, also they only give you the money at certain times. I chose to not use them as they are all customers that want something cheap and will just salon hop. Hth

It's a great way to advertise for FREE, yes you don't make much money from them, but those kind of companies are just to build your business profile, not your bank balance.

You have to offer half price and they will take 40% of the remaining half. Don't be put off by that though, look at it as a great marketing tool, your offer will be in the face of everyone in the area who use that site, and most probably who didn't even know you existed.

You can do an "up sell" once they are in the door, if they have half head foils, upgrade to full head, if just a wash, cut and finish, up grade to a conditioning treatment - treat them well and some WILL return,

I've done one, they are great for quieter times like October and January.

Also look at " The Spree Book" you may have an alternate version in your area, they take nothing from you, you put your offer in, and people buy the book which will contain lots of money off vouchers..

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info! I am not too concerned about the profit it's mainly my idea to get my name out their and work on building my clientele.
I will look into the other one's similar to groupon also, thanks! x

Latest posts

Back