Guy Tang's metallic colour range

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake...

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it?

The pastels look awesome

Oh and has anyone used ColorpHlex instead of OlaPlex?

A hairdresser friend the other day said it is cheaper but still good.

I use olaplex to dilute direct dies and sometimes mix tones on high bases.

Last edited:
I thought you couldn't get the guy tang stuff here. I had a look online but it was only saying shipping to America. I tried colorphlex on my own hair and wasn't overly impressed. I've never used olaplex though so I have no comparison. The intense conditioner thing that came with the colorphlex to use after colouring was lovely though. X

I thought you couldn't get the guy tang stuff here. I had a look online but it was only saying shipping to America. I tried colorphlex on my own hair and wasn't overly impressed. I've never used olaplex though so I have no comparison. The intense conditioner thing that came with the colorphlex to use after colouring was lovely though. X

He is bringing it to Sally UK and one salon has his colours as per this article, but he only launched it in the states a month ago.

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/hair-sensation-guy-tangs-metallic-11957526

Within 3 months I think we will stock it in Sally here.

eBay are selling it but pricey from the US

Last edited:
Oh goody! Hopefully soon then. They look lovely. X

8cf2e47be3aac4cd937d7ccc3e84acab.jpg
9d7e061968be6c08b664d2c9f25548d1.jpg
022117-instagram-hair-dye-lead.jpg
Guy Tang with swatches_orig.jpg
guy-tang-hair-color.jpg

Last edited:

Launch video for UK

Last edited:
WOOOOOOO!! I am going today , i want to try the Plat and Rose Gold

I dunno if I'm getting myself confused here but I looked on sally website and the ones they are selling are the Kenra guy tang metallic favourites. I'm sure the mydentity ones are his own line and different. Is that right??

You are right.

We have Kenra GT at the moment but not mydentity

Hopefully it will launch this year

Last edited:
Yep only Metallic is available. ...its ok .....but I had to mix the silver metallic with violet as it went greeny to begin with I got to pale yellow though so needed the violet to counteract it x

also colourplex ...don't bother x

Last edited:
Yep only Metallic is available. ...its ok .....but I had to mix the silver metallic with violet as it went greeny also colourplex ...don't bother x

Thanks, i'll stick to olaplex.

What was the shade and tones in the hair that went greeny?

I get the impression they need really clean bases

I lifted to a base 9/10 pale yellow tone. Toned with 10.16 then applied a root base for a root drag & then 7sm to M L & E and got this colour.... wasn't impressed x

Attachments

• 1490884288597.jpg
    1490884288597.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 112
I lifted to a base 9/10 pale yellow tone. Toned with 10.16 then applied a root base for a root drag & then 7sm to M L & E and got this colour.... wasn't impressed x

Normally he uses that colour as the root drag not in the mid lengths and ends... then he goes to a 8 on mid lengths then to a 10 on ends ... obvo lengthy staggering so no harsh lines ...

But I can't imagine all your hard work to come out so dark!! :-(

The only colour I have tried properly is the 10BrM on myself... I can say it's absolutely lovely!!

Put it over level 10 yellow bleached hair Nd the results are great!!

The only colour I have tried properly is the 10BrM on myself... I can say it's absolutely lovely!!

Put it over level 10 yellow bleached hair Nd the results are great!!

I know I way gutted!...dont worry I still have faith, kinda ....I need a play to be honest...have you any pictures? X

I know I way gutted!...dont worry I still have faith, kinda ....I need a play to be honest...have you any pictures? X

Yeah I was so happy with it!! I took a few pics lol!!

It seemed to change colours as I moved it... I used 10BrM Demi.

So this is before... in some lighting don't look to bad as I had my blue white light which receded the look of yellow but other lighting looks really yellow! it was daylight coming from outside in not indoor light ...

https://goo.gl/photos/zdJ8wi2AwVFngMih7

And this was the after... lighting was The Make Up Light Key Light 2.0

https://goo.gl/photos/YdNGKqRrwrx8wVkn9

Tbh the whole reason I stripped and bleached my hair was to try out a few of the metallic range!! Haha But I loved this colour so much i have now got the permanent 10BrM on!! Haha

Tbh the whole reason I stripped and bleached my hair was to try out a few of the metallic range!! Haha But I loved this colour so much i have now got the permanent 10BrM on!! Haha

Such a nice pearly colour x

Latest posts

Back