Habia professional beauty register

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havering Beauty Academy

Reaction score
Hmmmm... So I pay for training, then I pay for insurance, pay for accreditation and then pay again to be recognised! Brilliant industry we are in everyone wants a piece of us ;)

Lol yes surely if they are trying to regulate it, it should be free but I understand it costs to promote etc x

It should definitely be free! :)

People use REPs as a comparison, but they only recognise certain qualifications. Could this be the same? Could we end up with some of us being insured, trained and qualified, but for whatever reason out qualification isn't recognised by this register? We need to be careful what we wish for!

People use REPs as a comparison, but they only recognise certain qualifications. Could this be the same? Could we end up with some of us being insured, trained and qualified, but for whatever reason out qualification isn't recognised by this register? We need to be careful what we wish for!

That's why training needs to be regulated, there are too many places that have their own versions.
Personally I wouldn't go to a stylist who wasn't nvq qualified, but the client wouldn't know the difference xoxo

My husband trained and works as a personal trainer, but the fully certified course he did at college isn't recognised by REPs. There are plenty of courses he could have done at vast cost to himself that are recognised by REPs, but they don't recognise his. There does need to be regulation, but who decides what's acceptable. Having said that, he's never short of work!!!

My husband trained and works as a personal trainer, but the fully certified course he did at college isn't recognised by REPs. There are plenty of courses he could have done at vast cost to himself that are recognised by REPs, but they don't recognise his. There does need to be regulation, but who decides what's acceptable. Having said that, he's never short of work!!!

Its a toughie, but I would say the top 3 most popular should be recognised in the hair and beauty industry. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back