Hair and Beauty Finder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic76

Reaction score
Hi all after some advice if possible .. apparently in 2013 I took a rolling yearly contract out with hair and beauty finder I know I joined a trial .. it never sent any business my way was never even visible on the app but in Aug last year they rang me out of the blue no caller Id and demanded just under 400£ I refused to pay told them I thought it was a scam very aggressive on the phone to me my husband spoke to them in the end they hung up never heard anymore until today again no caller Id on my mobile picked it up now demanding 99£plus vat to stop it going to a debt collection agency they can't supply me a proof of agreement but even his name or a contact number just a support@habf email address reckon he's been emailing me which they haven't reckons I signed for a letter last Sep which I didn't I honestly haven't heard nothing from them for a year guy on the phone massively aggressive again demanding my card number needless to say I haven't given it to him I shall be contacting citizens advice tomorrow but just wondered if anyone else has had this from them

Scammers like this crop up from time to time and without a written agreement signed by you and them, they can't legally do anything. If they carry on harassing you for money tell them they're committing a criminal offence and you will report them for harassment.
Otherwise, ignore and let them crack on.

Hi all after some advice if possible .. apparently in 2013 I took a rolling yearly contract out with hair and beauty finder I know I joined a trial .. it never sent any business my way was never even visible on the app but in Aug last year they rang me out of the blue no caller Id and demanded just under 400£ I refused to pay told them I thought it was a scam very aggressive on the phone to me my husband spoke to them in the end they hung up never heard anymore until today again no caller Id on my mobile picked it up now demanding 99£plus vat to stop it going to a debt collection agency they can't supply me a proof of agreement but even his name or a contact number just a support@habf email address reckon he's been emailing me which they haven't reckons I signed for a letter last Sep which I didn't I honestly haven't heard nothing from them for a year guy on the phone massively aggressive again demanding my card number needless to say I haven't given it to him I shall be contacting citizens advice tomorrow but just wondered if anyone else has had this from them

So my experience was a little different.. I went to a beauty show some years ago and signed up for a 3 month trial for £9.99 if I didn't cancel after the 3months then they would presume I was happy and would then be liable for the years advertisement at £99. I was told I could start this at any time I wanted and someone would be in touch as to the details logos etc id like on the advert... never heard anything from them until I also received a demand letter about a good few months after the event. My trial had apparently ended and I was now liable for the year. Bearing in mind I have no advert? However, the guy was very aggressive and me being a little naïve at the time folded and agreed to pay. We sorted the advert out (because I had now paid for it so I had to advertise something even though my business hadn't even launched yet) and I was told that I was not on a rolling contract and would be contacted when it is due for renewal to see whether I still wanted the advert. I reassured the guy I would never be using his service again.
This incident must have been about 5years ago and I never heard from them again.. until noticing they have charged my credit card £150 this month and £118 last month? Needless to say I am absolutely furious! and just know speaking to them will make no difference to the matter as they will not even attempt to refund me. I've had to raise it with my credit card company as unauthorised payments so I am currently waiting for a resolution. I've received no phone calls.. no email.. no letters to my home (which I've since moved from but any company chasing you for money can find you on the electoral roll) or to the business address they have on file. Not a single thing from them? I made a one off payment to them years ago and they have kept my details and randomly deducted different amounts of money from my account? If the credit card company do not refund me I will have no option but to take them to court. After doing a little research on the company and its owners I'm annoyed I even agreed to pay them the first time round. They are known for being 'rogue traders' hiding behind what looks like a legitimate business.

Our situations are very alike in many ways .. they rang me 4 times on Friday I didn't answer just rang me again I'm waiting on a call from a hospital so answered it again very aggressive I explained due to my health they would need to speak to my husband which they're not prepared to do !! I have had no contact from them for a year seems to me they've been on my case because my card details expired and they can't just charge it glad I lost that card now in 2013 I said I'd been on a forum and I'm not alone in my worries about them and the nasty man compared themselves to marks and Spencer's !! Bet marks woulda be pleased about that .. so anyway he put the phone down on me when he realised I wasn't handing card details over after telling me it's going to a debt company so guess I'll wait to hear from them .. good luck for your own case with them hopefully the credit card will sort something for you hair and beauty finder cowboys .. awful !!

A little update... my credit card company has refunded both amounts (£150 & £118) but its still in dispute apparently? They give HaBf a set period of time to challenge the decision and they have to provide proof that the transaction is valid. Im still wary... because who knows what they might do to get away with refunding my money.. im a little annoyed that the credit card company is dealing with it as a third party. If i say i didnt authorise any payments I would assume they would refund it and leave the company to chase me for money they think I owe? Because if this dodgy company give the credit card company some sort of proof (and i dont know what they require) then the money will be charged to my card and we are back to square one again! Is this normal credit card procedure or should I be thinking about switching my balance? This whole dispute process can take up to 120 days... again wish me luck! please post any other similar stories relating to experiences with the Hair & Beauty Finder... might need it as evidence. :(

Latest posts

Back