Hair color advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elizabeth tobin

Reaction score
Hello to All :) I have been in the beauty/hair industry for over 35 years but have not practiced in the last six years or so as I am now retired. I find myself a bit rusty with the hair color selection process and my daughter would like me to change her hair color to a new color obsession of hers. I would love to share some details with you and look forward to any helpful feedback so that I can make sure that we are on the right path.

My daughter naturally has long dark brown wavy thick hair. Her current hair color is a dark chocolate brown with a dark ash blonde ombre on the last 3-4 inches of her hair. In the last 2 years, she has been using Wella Koleston Perfect hair color (all dark browns). The last time that she tried to have her hair dyed to a lighter chocolate brown, the tone came through but her hair color did not get any much lighter although I believe that her stylist used 20volume peroxide with the color. I assume that this is because she has dyed her hair different shades of dark brown within a year. Since color doesn't lift color, I believe that my daughter will need to strip her hair first if even minimally before she can attain the color she really wants which is a medium dark auburn red-brown (about 1-2 shades lighter than her current color).

Our dilemma lies in the color selection that should be made from the Wella Koleston Perfect color line to attain her color of choice which is closest to the picture that is attached to this post except she wants it a tad bit darker. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back