Hair Cut Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffykitty

Reaction score
Hi, How often do you guys recommend getting hair cuts and how much should be taken off each time in order to keep hair healthy and split end free :)

Hi that would all depend on how quick it grows and how well its looked after, ie if it's back combed every day or been fried @ 230 degrees with straighteners constantly etc...

HTHs

hey there

most of my clients that come for regular trims are 5/6weeks depending on how quick it grows. some are 8weeks.

Its in fairly good condition, although after few weeks the ends feel a bit dry. I probably use heat (straightners/dryer) about 3/4 times a week. I get it cut every 10/12 weeks at the moment.

I say when its get out of control where you can't cope. 6 weeks in the winter is too close together as the hair growth slows and even in summer it would depend how fast you hair grows and if your using straighteners and burning the life out of it everyday. Really depends :)

Thankyou everyone. I think im gonna try every 8 weeks for the moment and see how it goes. Have just had a good 3 inches chopped off to get rid of all the yukky ends and have next appointment booked for 8 weeks time :)

Latest posts

Back