Hair | Emma Hirst Is Wigging Without for Charity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
You may or may not know but today is Wig Wednesday. Yep, that's right. Today is the day when the nation will join together to fundraise for the charity CLIC Sargent; by wearing a loud and proud wig, or in Emma Hirst’s case, going without.

Emma Hirst has suffered with alopecia for 17 years and makes it her aim and objective to raise awareness of this condition, alongside running her successful business Aspire Hair; where she provides consultations, wig designs and supplies for her clients.

Wig Wednesday is particularly special to Emma as not only will she be able to fundraise alongside the nation at her new wig shop/beauty salon in Sheffield with the rest of her team; she aims to further build awareness on this date, including the importance of wigs and how alopecia sufferers feel.

“Wig Wednesday is a fantastic idea and it is great to see on social feeds and through the media that there is a massive following with so much support," says Emma. "Here at Aspire Hair, we have recently moved to new premises which is not your typical wig shop; from firsthand experience, I understand the fear that people may have and so I wanted to make my customers feel at ease as much as possible. We are hoping that Wig Wednesday will bring out confidence in people and will encourage more alopecia suffers to have the boost to do it.”

“My aim for the day is to make an impact and provide the ‘shock’ factor to raise awareness; I will be doing the opposite and going without a wig for the day to drum up discussion.

“This day is special in so many ways and for CLIC Sargent, we aim to make as much money as we can for this worthy charity and we will be throwing a mini party with banners, balloons, and bright coloured wigs to get involved!”

Aspire Hair is a keen supporter of charities, and Emma does a lot of work for the Little Princess Trust; providing real hair wigs for sick children who are dealing with hair loss. The team is thrilled to be getting behind this national event and urges businesses and individuals to get involved and show their support.

“Beauty and confidence go hand in hand," Emma concludes. "From my experience hair is one of your most important features, it is how people recognise you and it is often heard when someone doesn’t know your name; ‘do you remember that girl with the brown hair and blue eyes from the other night’? I personally feel comfortable going without a wig, although it does make me feel more ‘girly’ with; however make up is a must as I feel bare without, especially with no eyebrows!”

If you're wigging up today we'd love to see pictures. Email them through to [email protected] and we'll post them on Facebook.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 273

Latest posts

Back