Hair extension course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debs2017

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here, I'm currently a full time mum but I'm really interested in hair extensions. My question is can you make a decent living doing these or is it a client a month sort of job,
Any advice would be appreciated! I have put a deposit on a course by Oakley academy but I'm still thinking is it a good investment or a bad one
Thanks

Hey hunny I'm just doing the Oakley training and it really is good! They help you a lot loads of support! I think it is not of a word of mouth if you are good at what you do you will get the clients xxx

Belle are great

Hairology training academy that's who I did my training with! They are excellent their classes are small have maximum of 6 students and the tutor works in the salon everyday!

Hey hunny I'm just doing the Oakley training and it really is good! They help you a lot loads of support! I think it is not of a word of mouth if you are good at what you do you will get the clients xxx

Thanks for your reply nadine, aw that's great! I have a few ideas on advertising I'm just planning on going self employed and doing this as my full time job, I just don't know how big of a risk it is but after weighing the pros and cons I'm not thinking it will be an investment for life! I've seen nothing but good reviews for Oakley academy so I think I've made the right choice with that one, what did you get on the day?

Hi Deds it is hard at first I had 2 jobs when starting off

Hi Sasha, when did it pick up for you? Are you doing it full time now? I was going to work and do it on the side but with two little ones I might not find the time so thought I'd go straight into it and have a home based salon,

If I was you I would keep working get everything you need as in all your kit and your Qualifications from your training academy your business name set up online as advertising is not free then get a salon set up at your home like I have and 1 or 2 or how many days you have that you feel you could fit a client in each week start off like that until you feel your ok to walk from your job to do it full time it's not as easy as you think at first there are so so many people doing it now days xx

I did my training with them a few weeks ago. They were really good and support you after. I sent them pictures of my work and the responded straight away with feed back. X

I done the nano micro and fusion bonds Hun all are good! I have a few people lined but like I said it is just word of mouth! I'm just self employed aswell and just just hoping it takes off! Good luck[emoji173] xx

Thanks for all your replies, Sasha I was going to set up at home but i rent my property and the tenancy says no business on the premises, I don't know if this is just a standard tenancy agreement, I'm also looking into a business start up loan and plan but not to fussed about the loan as it's cheap start up anyway but I'll get what's called a new enterprise weekly allowance to get things started, it's complicated for me cos I claim universal credit so everything has to be calculated through that so if I got a part time job more than likely it will be 9-1 everyday which leaves me little room for clients cos I pick the kids up at 3.15 then it's kids time, my kids are still very young so doing a client whilst they're around wouldn't be very professional so I'm abit stuck as what to do, I have to pay the rest of my course tomorrow ( deadline ) I will probably go for it I don't want to miss the opportunity l

I done the nano micro and fusion bonds Hun all are good! I have a few people lined but like I said it is just word of mouth! I'm just self employed aswell and just just hoping it takes off! Good luck[emoji173] xx
Good luck to Nadine, it's scary isn't it? lol I've just paid off the remainder of the course eeeeek are you doing any advertising? Are you going to do any offers to pull clients in? I heard that offering a free first maintenance appointment helps bring clients in! Did you feel confident after the course? X

Latest posts

Back