Hair extension nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatball

Reaction score
I have just removed my keratin extensions, the hair is gone but the bonds are still there! I've used acetone and Super Bond remover by Sally's. I'm desperate to get these out, please someone help ;(

The easiest way would be to go back to the person who fitted them to get advise, as they would know what adhesive was used. If not, try to use pliers to flatten them, then ( I know that you've done this already) put the acetone (pure acetone) on cotton wool and keep the bond in between it and it should dissolve quickly. Wash your hair and put lots of conditioner/masks on etc. It should make the bonds softer and easier to comb

Hope that's help!!
xx

Hi.
Are you a hairdresser?

If not we cant advise and i would def recommend you call the person who put them in and get the rest of the bonds removed properly.
Putting acetone on cotton wool on bonds that you cant see will almost certainly damage your own hair.

How come you removed them?
x

i had this it took me nearly 2 weeks to every scrap out, my hairdresser said its easy use cotton wool and acetone, well it wasnt! inthe end i had to melt them out with straightners, apply acetone and cotton wool when hot, snapped it bad so bad, never again :(
She should do your hair otherwise thats not aftercare.

Latest posts

Back