Hair extension problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_hair

Reaction score
Hi. I am a qualified hairdresser (not qualified in extensions)
One of my regular clients who has micro ring extensions( not applied by me) came to me today for her t section highlights only applied on her own hair and olaplex treatment (she has had this same service everytime) her hair and extensions were all fine but when conditioner was applied the extensions matted together. It looked like the extensions had stuck together and formed a solid ball . I have never seen anything like this and want to know why and how a conditioner could cause this! Has anyone had a similar experience or does anyone who does hair extensions have any ideas.

It can’t have .. they must have been matted underneath previously. She’s either not been brushing them or seperatinh them with her fingers every few days or not been drying properly or sleeping with them wet.

I totally agree with this answer, I am a qualified hair extensionist myself and conditioner never matts the hair.

The only thing that could cause this is
- Poor fitting
- Sleeping with non brushes wet hair
- leaving it too long to have maintenance

I would recommend you get your client to sign something to say you are happy with you working on your hair or get maintenance before hand before seeing you because you wouldn’t want her blaming you for something you haven’t done.

Latest posts

Back