Hair extension technicians help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jteeny

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am just starting out as a mobile hair extensionist and looking for all the hints and tips I can get!

For example, as I am newly qualified I don't want to charge high end prices as I feel I won't get the business as I havn't built up a reputation but at the same time I don't want to fit my clients with poor quality hair just so I can keep the price low?

Any ideas of how to go about this, or advice of how to build up your business and promote yourself while you are just starting out would be much appreciated! :Love:

xxxx

Hi Jteeny

First of all congratulations on setting up your business, its a big step to take and we wish you the best of luck.

In regards to your questions there are lots of lovely girls on here who will be able to offer you some great advise, however on the topics you have already mentioned here are a few pointers to get you started.

Pricing
The first thing you will need to do is take a look at the competition in your area. You need to get an idea of what people are already charging, particularly for other businesses that are well established or appear to be busy. Once you have an idea of what people are charging you will need to find a supplier that offers good quality hair at a good price, so that your customers are getting a great service and you are also making a profit. An idea for getting started would be to have a few price options, for example a "standard" range, and a "luxury" range so that you can test out 2 different prices and hair qualities to grasp what is most popular in your area.

Hair
It is very important that whilst you are considering price you ensure you are always using top quality hair. There may be cheaper hair available, however your clients will be the first ones to point this out to you, and if they are unhappy this will create more work for you to correct it. By sourcing a supplier of good quality hair you are ensuring that you are keeping your clients happy. They are walking advertisements for your business, so you want to ensure their hair is looking great.

Referral and building up clients
This takes us nicely to your next point of building a clients base. Referrals are a great way to start growing a nice collection of customers. Perhaps create an incentive to your existing clients that when they pass on your details to a potential customer, if the new clients books in your existing one will get free maintenance, or a discount on her next set.
Facebook is also a great way to get your business out there as well as having a nice website There are lots of places where you can build your own website relatively cheaply, and I am sure some of the other ladies on here will be able to point you in the right direction.

Hopefully this will be enough to get your started. If you require an additional help please let us know.

Best of luck!

Kind Regards

Latest posts

Back