Hair extensions advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L_Bailey

Reaction score
Hi geeks I am fairly new to doing hair extensions and offer 3 methods, shrink links micro bonds and fusion!

I am currently using sjk as my supplier and got advised to offer x10 as the shampoo and conditioner set!

2 of my clients have said they have had itchy scalp and I have advised Washing them again with a sensitive shampoo! This has only happened after washing! But I am now thinking could it be the shampoo and conditioner as my mum I know washes her hair thoroughly as I am there most of the time and she has had itchy scalp and stopped using the x10 and it's now fine!

Also looking for any advice on sjk hair extensions as that's who I am using after researching and finding good things.

And also what aftercare do you and your clients love?

I know there's a big thread on it but it's so confusing! :/

Thanks geeks xx

Hi, you want to google Options Ltd.

Thats where a lot of suppliers get their haircare from (foxy, hair rebellion, studio58 etc etc), while its best to buy your shampoos from the hair supplier (as it gives you a guarantee) if sjk dont specify or stock themselves you may as well get it direct.

You can have your logo printed on the bottles, in fact I think theres a thread running.. my aftercare/my shampoos...? Im sure someone will find it and you can see what I mean :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you that's perfect :) will look into that in a second! X

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Xten is terrible !! It makes extensions tatty too! X

Avoid xten - I can't express how awful! Another vote for optionsLTD! :) xxx

I also use options ltd. x10 is vile stuff! X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379965759.428505.jpg here's some of my options ltd products. Definitely a big step up from x10!! Xxx

After all your good reviews I will be investing :) and returning my x10 packs as all they have done is irritate! Thank you so much! Xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Been looking at options ltd! :) what sort of prices are they, have enquired but excited lol and want to know :) lol.

And after all your good advice I will be investing! Going to order 2 samples first and get my client to test them, she's very very truthful so know she will give me her honest opinion!

And then I'm going to order my own range :) so excited! Thank you for all your advice, xxx

Can any of you recommend what I should do regarding a client with an really itchy scalp!

She said her scalp became itchy after washing, so I said to make sure she thoroughly washing the shampoo out as this an cause an irritation, but she's still having the problem! I didn't know if it could be because she has used x ten so have asked her to wash it again with a different shampoo and conditioner! She's saying it's still itchy! I am due to go over tomo to look at her scalp too, and her other half has said she hasn't got a red scalp at all?

Is this just a settle period? Or do you think this is a problem? And is ther anything I can purchase to minimise the itch?

Thanks geeks xx

Can any of you recommend what I should do regarding a client with an really itchy scalp!

She said her scalp became itchy after washing, so I said to make sure she thoroughly washing the shampoo out as this an cause an irritation, but she's still having the problem! I didn't know if it could be because she has used x ten so have asked her to wash it again with a different shampoo and conditioner! She's saying it's still itchy! I am due to go over tomo to look at her scalp too, and her other half has said she hasn't got a red scalp at all?

Is this just a settle period? Or do you think this is a problem? And is ther anything I can purchase to minimise the itch?

Thanks geeks xx

Did she have an itchy scalp before the fitting Hun. Xxx

Thanks geeks xx

Some clients experience itchy scalps for a week or 2 after a fitting can be a result of getting use to extensions but can also be from not washing extensions properly too.

I have explained that to her this is after about a week! Would putting witch hazel between the bonds help the itch at all? Xx

Id go through washing with her again, you'll see tomorrow if shes not managing it correctly, they can be scared to wash roots so there can be a build up of grease, or not rinsing enough is a massive thing.

That's brilliant thank you! Have you heard about using witch hazel on scalp with hair extensions in? Xx

Ive never heard of that? But who knows apparently its used to treat psorasis and excema according to wiki? Id see whats happening first and go from there

Yeah am going to then I may try witch hazel as I found someone online that said it works as it soothes itching and it would be applied with a cotton bud so shouldn't touch the bond :)

It just sounds like she may need to wash it more thoroughly so hopefully it will all be okay :) xx

Hi geeks I am fairly new to doing hair extensions and offer 3 methods, shrink links micro bonds and fusion!

I am currently using sjk as my supplier and got advised to offer x10 as the shampoo and conditioner set!

2 of my clients have said they have had itchy scalp and I have advised Washing them again with a sensitive shampoo! This has only happened after washing! But I am now thinking could it be the shampoo and conditioner as my mum I know washes her hair thoroughly as I am there most of the time and she has had itchy scalp and stopped using the x10 and it's now fine!

Also looking for any advice on sjk hair extensions as that's who I am using after researching and finding good things.

And also what aftercare do you and your clients love?

I know there is a big thread on it but it's so confusing! :/

Thanks geeks xx

Hi L_Bailey,

I am trying to explain a few things for your convenience.
Micro bond are great and most of the people likes it if you do not use glue, braiding or sewing and do it with natural hair. Then it long lasts longer.

I can not tell anything about a specific brand or salon.

I am trying to give you some useful tips about hair maintenance

# Use the shampoo that can keep the hair color intact and do not harm chemically treated hair

# Try not to message hair

# Wash your extensions thoroughly and try not to use blow dry. Dry your hair in a natural way.

# Add moisture to your hair by applying conditioner to it.

# Thoroughly comb your extensions to style them

# Blow dry hair with a hand dryer or with a round bristle brush

The tips above are useful for extensions when you bath or style your hair. There are many factors to be considering in terms of aftercare of extensions for example what do when you are swimming or taking a sunbath with your extensions.

I personally give my clients these advices. You can check the reference for more information about hair extensions care.Good luck

Latest posts

Back