Hair extensions blisters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holz_69

Reaction score
can blisters happen due to glue ins?

Hi
What do you mean by blisters?
Do you mean blisters on the head???
or blisters on your fingers when applying them?

on the head sorry

Could it be a reaction? How close are you putting them?

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Blisters on the head???? Never heard of that!!!

I would be very worried about blisters on the head due to extensions.

Are they not tension bumps?Normally caused by fitting too close or too much hair being dragged into each section?

will these go or is it best to remove the extensions?

Wen you say glu-ins do you mean fusion which are individual bonds or a hair extension weft which has had adhesive applied to it?

individual bonds x

Are there all over or just odd ones?

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

I don't do hair but my friend got micro bonds in her hair and had exactly the same problem (some of her hair fell out eeekkk) they have just put the bonds lower down and seems to be ok (obviously I don't do hair so just giving another example) xx

As Crazybeck mentioned it might be tensions spots. I had them twice but once really bad and it took me over 6 months to get rid of them. There are lots of creams without prescription you can get at the pharmacies which will help you ease the pain and itching (if it's tensions spots) cortisone cream reduces inflammation or hydrocortisone (a synthetic steroid sold under various names) can relieve itching and skin irritation.
It might be an allergie to adhesive as well.
The right think to do would be to take the extensions off,but not knowing what caused what you call blisters (chemical exposure,infection,burning..) it's hard to decide what would be the best path to take. Surely if you take them out you'd have to use different solution like oils rather than acetone based products.Hope more experience geeks will be able to help you!

aleksandra

Latest posts

Back