Hair extensions during radiotherapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda1616

Reaction score
Hi Iv got a client who is just started radiotherapy she currently has nano rings in she’s asking to have a refit. I know when I did my training it was a no to fitting extensions to anyone with cancer what will I do ?

Hi Iv got a client who is just started radiotherapy she currently has nano rings in she’s asking to have a refit. I know when I did my training it was a no to fitting extensions to anyone with cancer what will I do ?

Good evening

I hope you're well and your client.

Before any X-ray or procedure using radiation we always advise customers to ensure all metal is removed prior to the procedure with regards to hair extension methods. They will also ask your client before if they are wearing any metal. This is because it can disrupt the results.

Nano Rings contain copper and the metal ring on the ends of the Nano tips contain nickel, all of which should be removed prior.

There are however other methods which do not contain metal including U-Tips, Tapes and Wefts using thread or glue. These methods may be more suitable for this client.

If you have any questions at all, we'd love to be of assistance to you.

Euphoria xx

Latest posts

Back