Hair extensions help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97SEA

Reaction score
Hi SalonGeek Users,

I trained with Belle back in May 2016 and feel like the training wasn't as good as I expected and feel like I am lacking in a lot of knowledge.

I am just seeking a bit of help and advice on a half head application of hair extensions with individual strands?

How many strands would I use? (I am using 1g)

Where would I place the extensions on the head?

Can someone explain about 'rotation' as well to me as I don't quite understand this?

Really appreciate advice and any pictures

Thank you in advance X

Hi SalonGeek Users,

I trained with Belle back in May 2016 and feel like the training wasn't as good as I expected and feel like I am lacking in a lot of knowledge.

I am just seeking a bit of help and advice on a half head application of hair extensions with individual strands?

Can someone explain about 'rotation' as well to me as I don't quite understand this?

Thank you in advance X
Is it for bonds or rings? Bonds stay in for 4 months so no rotation, I don't do many rings but do do quite a few la weaves and rotation means to me that when I remove and refit I move the weft up a little or down depending on where it has last sat so the hair it's attached to isn't constantly being used, does that make sense lol, as for placement when I'm doing single strand bonds I start at the back two finger widths up from the bottom of the nape, for a half head I probably put about four/five full rows up and around two rows on the sides but depends on the thickness of their hair to how many rows up I go then usually I will do a scatter row above the sides and back rows, also around the perimeter at the front I start two finger depths in so no bonds can be seen when putting hair up, I'm not sure on rings as have only done a couple of sets and just removed and refitted after two months, I usually order around 80-100 for a half head and 120-140 for full head but again it depends on the thickness of the clients own hair x

Is it for bonds or rings? Bonds stay in for 4 months so no rotation, I don't do many rings but do do quite a few la weaves and rotation means to me that when I remove and refit I move the weft up a little or down depending on where it has last sat so the hair it's attached to isn't constantly being used, does that make sense lol, as for placement when I'm doing single strand bonds I start at the back two finger widths up from the bottom of the nape, for a half head I probably put about four/five full rows up and around two rows on the sides but depends on the thickness of their hair to how many rows up I go then usually I will do a scatter row above the sides and back rows, also around the perimeter at the front I start two finger depths in so no bonds can be seen when putting hair up, I'm not sure on rings as have only done a couple of sets and just removed and refitted after two months, I usually order around 80-100 for a half head and 120-140 for full head but again it depends on the thickness of the clients own hair x
Thank you for your help & advice, I will definitely take this on board. I have fitted a full head of Nano rings before and did not leave any rows as I didn't know about the rotation until afterwards I researched online about it. Does leaving rows missed out cause matting?X

Maybe contact Belle? You might be able to join a course when they are in your area again at no charge?

Hi SalonGeek Users,

Thank you in advance X

Hi
im sorry you don't feel like you've gotten all you need from your training, maybe give them a call or email and ask their advice.

1g bonds aren't suitable for every client.

rotation is where bonds are removed and replaced in a different section to prevent tension. Some do this, some don't. I do with micro rings, never for bonds.
hope this has helped some
x

Maybe contact Belle? You might be able to join a course when they are in your area again at no charge?

I wouldn't want to go back to them and waste my time. I paid a lot of money in the first place for the course and came back with barely any knowledge so currently looking for a different training academy who might be able to give me some better tips and advice

Hi
im sorry you don't feel like you've gotten all you need from your training, maybe give them a call or email and ask their advice.

1g bonds aren't suitable for every client.

rotation is where bonds are removed and replaced in a different section to prevent tension. Some do this, some don't. I do with micro rings, never for bonds.
hope this has helped some
x

Thanks for your help X

I haven't trained with Belle yet but have paid a deposit for a course and when they were explaining to me over the phone they told Me I could do a refresher course within 3 months of doing my original training x

A lot more pricier but worth every penny! Train with Great Lengths Hun! Always at the end of the phone and a rep who checks in with you every 4-6 months! X

I haven't trained with Belle yet but have paid a deposit for a course and when they were explaining to me over the phone they told Me I could do a refresher course within 3 months of doing my original training x

I don't really want to return to them as I feel it would be wasting my time but thanks anyway X

Hi, I would always suggest going back to the training provider for help and advice firstly and if you don't feel you gained enough from the training to enable you to proceed with fitting then certainly ask to re attend a training course.
But if you don't feel this is an option for you please feel free to call our training department and they will be happy to give basic advice over the phone.
We also offer refresher training which is available to anyone who has previously trained and doesn't feel confident enough or who has trained within a salon and not gained an individual certificate. this allows you to attend one of our training days gives you full access to all our training material and after training support team for as long as you need it.

Hi Shola,

We are very sorry to hear of your experience and would treasure the opportunity to make this right for you.

We have recently been in contact with you to arrange re-training however, we have not received a response from yourself. We do always provide life time support for all students via telephone, social media & email if they're ever feeling unsure. Free re-training is also available within 3 months of completing your course. We cannot offer you re-training until we're made aware of your feelings, we would like to cover all areas you may not be confident in to ensure you're offering the best services to your clients!

Could you please email us in order for us to discuss further? Our email address is: [email protected]. If you would prefer to discuss via telephone, our contact number is 02084326302.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,
Belle Academy x

Latest posts

Back