Hair extensions, hit or miss?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon00

Reaction score
So, I'm looking to start doing freelance hair extensions. I'm just worrying about not having clients and just wasting my time! Is there money to be made in this business? Also just on another note, what supplier would you recommendfor hair? Thinking ahead a bit about pricing etc and would rather research the hair in advance than wait and hit a brick wall when I can't find a suitable supplier. Thanks everyone :)

I think it's a saturated market in some areas and that leads to ridiculous price discounting so it depends on your area. Do some market research and see if clients are willing to pay realistic prices for quality, otherwise you'll end up working for next to nothing.

We recommend to all our trainees to do a few fittings at cost to begin with as your clients are your best advert. You will get most of your customers through recommendations and the more you do the more you learn and improve (regardless of how long you have been fitting) you can offer different ranges of quality and prices and then you are offering something for everyone. There are a lot of people fitting nowadays but there are also a lot of people wearing extensions and clients also buy into people so someone who may love 1 particular technician (based purely on personality) may not hit it off as much with someone else and in that case money and ability doesn't come into it so we believe there are clients for everyone but just don't sell yourself short just because someone else is doing silly offers and likewise don't over charge. Decide how much you want to make per hour and add that to the cost of your hair purchased. Thorough consultations will improve any extension service and build your rapport with your client and dont forget to take a deposit :)

Latest posts

Back