Hair extensions: I , U , V or flat tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frattylicious

Reaction score
Wondering what everyone's preference is when doing extensions. I prefer the U nail tip. Whats yours? I'm in the process of buying industrial tipping equipment ... Super excited.. I'll also let everyone know how I get on .. Looking forward to hearing from everyone =)

Those industrial tipping machines look like a vice that you would have in a garage, they are useful for v, u shape bonds but the stick tips can be done much quicker.

I have used one of those and had a practice wih the u and v shape it did take me a while to get used to it but once you get on a roll it was okay.

The handle of the machine had a bit red knob on the end and it was like pulling a fruit machine handle down lol

where you getting it from?

Lowest price i could find was 80 usd

Hey babe!, yeah thats exactly the same here <---
I have a friend out of NYC over ordered by 2.. lol so I'm buying his 80 usd =)
and the only reason I am getting it is because I am a trainer and I think it would be useful if my students could use "crappy hair" just while the practice the application process instead of them wasting money on extensions that will never see a human head! I find to that when they have a little bit more to waste.. they experiment different things too...

Only ever used u tips

Xx

Good idea if your a trainer it fits its purpose then

Wondering what everyone's preference is when doing extensions. I prefer the U nail tip. Whats yours? I'm in the process of buying industrial tipping equipment ... Super excited.. I'll also let everyone know how I get on .. Looking forward to hearing from everyone =)

I love u tips but the suppliers I use are flat tips - I would much prefer a lovely u shape !!

I love u tips but the suppliers I use are flat tips - I would much prefer a lovely u shape !!

I am not a huge fan on the flat tip.. I like the flat box over a traditional roll... but I agree <3 U shape it the way forward with heated fusions... with cold fusion I can work with most on the with no problem =)

I am not a huge fan on the flat tip.. I like the flat box over a traditional roll... but I agree <3 U shape it the way forward with heated fusions... with cold fusion I can work with most on the with no problem =)

I am not trained in cold fusion but am seriously considering it, what are your thoughts / benefits etc?

to be honest.. I train people how to do both... I think if your already trained to the warm fusion... then its totally worth learning how to do the cold... the application is the same.. you just have to work a little bit quicker... I LOVE them lol... I think they go in alot cleaner. I typically flat box them.. some people just roll them. I tend to see less snagging with them and I also don't see a lot of lifting on the corners ...... unfortunately thats one of the downfalls of fusions but if you have the client base for fusions I would def look into it <3

Can I ask what 'flat box' means? I always use U tips which I love. Have just changed supplier and they've sent flat tips which I'm a bit nervous about! I'm assuming I just roll them the same as the U tips? x

I found this video so you could watch how they go in =)

Step by Step - Cold Fusion System, Great Lengths Hair Extensions - YouTube
it sees like she only does the flat ones in the beginning

Thank you for the video. Is that what a flat box is or was that in answer to me asking how to apply flat bonds? I'm so confused now as she rolled some (the same as I do with U tip) but flattened others, which don't seem as secure to me? It's only hot fusion I'm trained at the moment, but I've heard it's very similar to cold fusion with regards to application? Sorry! I'm just not sure which question the video was aimed at answering! (blonde moment! ;)) xx

Thank you for the video. Is that what a flat box is or was that in answer to me asking how to apply flat bonds? I'm so confused now as she rolled some (the same as I do with U tip) but flattened others, which don't seem as secure to me? It's only hot fusion I'm trained at the moment, but I've heard it's very similar to cold fusion with regards to application? Sorry! I'm just not sure which question the video was aimed at answering! (blonde moment! ;)) xx
Haha its a flat box in the beginning she rolls em to get them in then hits them again to flatten them out... and shes using a Utip I think she oves really quickly...
there is a differene between the flat tip and a flat box... one is a tip and one is the shape that it lays in the hair

Ah! Ok, thank you! So basically when I'm fitting the flat tip next week I just roll them the same way I would a U tip?! The flat bonds she does look amazing but I'm not sure it would work so well with hot fusion? May have to check out a few YouTube videos on that! Thanks again for your help xx

no you can do the flat box with the U tip! I hate the heated fusion i always burn my fingers lol but yeah you can try... basically you use the U tip. cradle the hair. roll it in... hit it again and flatten it.. =)

Latest posts

Back