Hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadetamsin

Reaction score
Hello...

I am looking to get hair extensions done, but i cant afford much! I have had a few people who are offering 100-150pounds which is good but they live too far away! is there anyone around the Essex/ London area who can do my hair extensions at a cheap price!?? Anyone looking for a model for before and after pictures??

[email protected]

Thank you

I agree with the above... have you thought of going to your local college? The NVQ level 3 students are getting ready to finish their course at this time of the year and most of them are just in to tie up lose ends. I think my college charge approx £150 for extentions but they are done under supervision at all times. hth

Hello...

I am looking to get hair extensions done, but i cant afford much! I have had a few people who are offering 100-150pounds which is good but they live too far away! is there anyone around the Essex/ London area who can do my hair extensions at a cheap price!?? Anyone looking for a model for before and after pictures??

[email protected]

Thank you

Hi, personally if someone offers to do a five to six hour job for you at a very cheap rate do be careful as they may not be fully trained or fully insured,

All qualified hair extensionists have to pay hundreds of pounds for thier extension kit insurance costs and training costs ,
and most of them are highly qualified hairdressers
who offer blending and cuttiing as part of the extension service too so thay may not be cheap ,

a moblile extensionist may be able to offer slightly lower the prices than a salon
but they still had to pay out for training costs ect ...
so you may find that a good extensionists will not go too low as its their bread and butter and they are simply trying to earn a decent wage
just like everyone else,

as you know it takes around six hours work plus cutting and styling
A fully qualified and insured extensionist should be able to do this for you at a resonable rate,

with extensions the most expensive thing is the hair , and
if you haven't got good hair then its not worth putting them in at all ,
as they will just tangle and matt and have to be taken out again
so all that hard work of putting them in well , would be ruined

This is where an experienced fully qualified extensionist can advise you as they will know what hair is the best quality for you and will advise you on after care maintenence ect .....

I think word of mouth
and around a years experience or more is what you should look for in a hair extensionist

honestly , I have seen people lose clumps of their hair through bad extensionists :eek:
just ask few girls on here and they will tell you about some of the bad extensionist that they have fallen prey to :eek:

I think there is a place on here who advertise for guinea pigs for people who are training so that may help a bit ,
and as these people will be fully supervised and fully insured , so it may be a better and healthier option for your hair
than someone doing it who is cheap and perhaps dodgy
sorry about the epic lol x ,
but it may just warn others too about inexperienced dodgy cheap unqualified and uninsured hair extensionists who cause damage ,

Hope that made sense :)

I agree with the above... have you thought of going to your local college? The NVQ level 3 students are getting ready to finish their course at this time of the year and most of them are just in to tie up lose ends. I think my college charge approx £150 for extentions but they are done under supervision at all times. hth

Hi , yes this is a good way to get cheaper extensions and it also helps the students out a lot too :hug:
and as Chell says...
they are always fully supervised and fully insured and I notice they are also level three hairdressing students too so they will already be trained in cutting and styling too :)

sorry I edited my first post that was on top of yours , lol x
so now its under neath oops

Hi, i'm fully trained in Essex (Corringham) and insured, I charge £200 for a full head.
Why so cheap? I buy hair in bulk and import it, the hair I use in chinese remy, it never tangles and stays the same quality through out the wear.
I also offer Indian cuticle remy for just £270 which is higher quality. To be honest both of the types of hair are lovely, the Indian hair is just finer and scrunches really nicely! If you would like a free consultation, just let me know so you can see the hair for yourself (I wear it myself too)
07963 489 363
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back