Hair for family

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
When I was working in a salon I used to do families hair for free, apart from cost for colour if having one. But now I'm mobile i feel I'm being put on as now this is my only income. What does everyone else do?

I charge my family just to cover the cost of my products x

My family get 50% off the way I see it if it was not for me they would have to pay full price somewhere :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm a little like lin, my mom and 2 sisters pay 30 regardless, I do a couple cousins and they have a set % discount so if they change from a full head colour to full head foils! their price goes up too!! Friends who have been with me all through my training and mobile days also have a higher discount like my cousins, and then friends that suddenly wanted freebies when I opened my salon didnt like the fact they were only getting 20% ... Which was fine, not having them before meant they were not a loss, and the people i gain instead is a bonus.

The people who have not tried taking me for granted and want everything for nothing, will be the ones benefitting from free hair do's when I've made it, the others will pay lol.

Thanks. I currently only charge foe cost of products. But am starting to see it as the fact I could have a full paying client sat in front of me, I'm forever turning people away and sometimes a thankyou would be nice.

My friends pay at a discounted rate, more than the cost of products but less than the full price I would normally charge. My mum and sister pay also, I try take just the cost of products off them but as I have just started out mobile full time they always give me more.

I think I would try rearrange my families appointments if a full paying customer was trying to book in with me though as I wouldn't want to be turning people down because I'm new to mobile.

Thanks. I currently only charge foe cost of products. But am starting to see it as the fact I could have a full paying client sat in front of me, I'm forever turning people away and sometimes a thankyou would be nice.

You should never turn paying clients away you should fit your family in when you have the time as there not paying full wack they should understand that surely x

if i was doing a friend or family member and a client came in i would do them first, if my friend or family complained i would advise them if they weren't willing to pay u can wait while i do my client.

I'm mobile do don't literally have them coming in as such but I agree. X

I don't charge immediate family for cuts but they do pay for color products. They were kind enough to be my guinea pigs when I started, so I feel that they are entitled to free haircuts for life. They certainly don't take advantage and get their hair done when I have time. If any of them became quite demanding, I might rethink my position. ;)

I never turn away paying client i get my family to come in n just wait for a gap for me to apply colour quickly then sometimes there sat there for 30 mins with wet hair waiting for a cut n blow..... some family dont come 2 me bcuz they like the idea ok havin an appointment slot and to b in n out but i cant turn away business when theybare onky covering product cost x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back