Hair for funerals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wanting to get into hairstyling for funeral homes as I truly feel everyone's hair should look great at the funeral, anyone done this or got advice how to get into other than letters and introducing myself to local funeral homes?

Hi Blue
My husbands an undertaker! I think that most funeral homes have that side of things taken care of by the embalmers and the operatives as part of their service, but you never know! Might be worth going in to speak to them though? x;)

Hi Blue
My husbands an undertaker! I think that most funeral homes have that side of things taken care of by the embalmers and the operatives as part of their service, but you never know! Might be worth going in to speak to them though? x;)

Really? Omg! I'd love to do a days work experience! Am I freaky? ;) x

Really? Omg! I'd love to do a days work experience! Am I freaky? ;) x
Why don't you offer your services free for a morning and see how you feel? That way you get to experience what it's really like in their industry. Don't forget it's not just about how they look but how they smell also.And no your not freeky. Some of us have a morbid curiosity about the dead also. If you can handle that and perform a professional service your a braver person than me. lol I would get the heebie geebies lol. Both me and my husband have the best jobs in the world as well never go out of work!
xx;)

You can def get experience in these places. That's all my sister in law did. She went to a few before approaching the one that sorted her parents funeral and a few offered experience. Xx

Really? See I'm fine with dead bodies, it's the living ones I have problems with! It all comes from my partners mum passing away on the 1st of feb (this year) and they didn't bother with her hair! So it's something I really want to offer to other family's as I wished I could of done with my own.

Sorry to hear your sad news Blue. Its such a lovely thing to want to do and I hope it works out.
x

I've no idea about that, but thats such a lovely think to even consider!!

Latest posts

Back