Hair help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vix2000

Reaction score
I need help as I must have been to a dozen salons and never get what I want. I have been asking for years for "chunky" highlights as opposed to natural highlights, I want the highlights to be wide and stand out, like a humbug. I always come out not able to see the highlights despite the colour difference as they have been done too fine. I dont know what the problem is as I see loads of women walking about with what I want!!!

I saw a woman my age with the exact colour I would like, but was not in a position to ask her where she had it done. It wasn't even highlights, just chunks of dark hair in with the blonde. It looked great.

My natural colour, at the front my hair is white/blonde? (white with a yellowy hue) but from the crown backwards there is a lot of "salt and pepper" especially underneath. My ideal would be to have a colour as near to the salt and pepper as possible (ashy brown?) and have random areas of it through the back with the lighter colour, graduating to chunky highlights of it through the white at the front to even it up. Is this possible, and what would I need to ask for to get the result I want? I do hope someone can help. Thank you.

Hi!

If you can find a picture of the look you want to achieve this can help the stylist understand what you want, having a clear image to work from makes life for both you and the stylist a lot easier!

There shouldn't be any confusion with the stylist from that point as he/she will see the end result you wish to achieve and will place the colours chosen accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Suzanne, I am looking but the pictures are mostly of young girls with long flowing locks, not at all like mine lol !!! I'm sure I'll come across something eventually.

No problem!
If it's the colour you are after rather than cut still take any photo that matches the colour pattern you are after.....then let your stylist work these colours into your cut [emoji6]

I tell clients to show me 3 pics of what they are after. Ask a stranger on the street if they have what you want, get their name to tell their stylist whose hair your after.

Latest posts

Back