Hair help =[

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesscarabbit

Reaction score
My natural colour is light mousey brown with warmish/neutral undertones and my hair is quite long past my shoulders. I have been getting blonde highlights for about a year now, I THINK my hairdresser used a level 40 bleach on it which gave me a nice light creamy blonde. Because I kept getting highlights over and over I eventually ended up with a pretty much all over block colour blonde, which I did not mind as I loved the colour just not the roots that came in after 3 weeks!!

Then my hairdresser left so I switched to a different salon...
They used a 9% bleach (is that a level 30?) and a highlift tint for my highlights. Then a toner. The regrowth turned orange in places (which I think was the highlift ?) and the length was ashy/grey which I presume was from the toner on my overly porous hair grabbing at the ashy tone.
I asked them to redo it which they did, she just put some more bleach through the regrowth to get the creamy blonde I wanted and the toner washed out gradually. Then when my roots started coming in 8 weeks later...

I switched salons again...
I had my regrowth done with just bleach as I did originally- it came out lovely! Though the block colour was bothering me and I wanted to break it up a bit so my roots didn't look so terrible when they started coming back...

I came back 4/5 weeks later and asked to have a few darker blonde lowlights put in just to break up the colour a bit so it wasn't so solid, I emphasized that I still wanted to be bright blonde. BIG MISTAKE! she used a luo colour (which I was told was a semi permanent but the internet tells me it's a permanent?!) in what looks like a dark ash brown for the lowlights and bleach for highlights. Basically my hair is now more light brown than blonde. It's a really ashy brown colour that doesn't merge well with the rest of my warmer blonde hair (I only had half head). It has faded drastically (thank goodness!!) but it still makes me look washed out and looks greyish/greenish!! I complained to the salon that the colour they used was too dark and the wrong shade for my skin tone and they said they had to use a darker brown because otherwise it would just fade out of my bleached hair. They said they would not put more highlights into my hair because it would have to be put through the whole length and it's not wise to put bleach over already bleached hair. If this is the case then why was a LUO colour used? If this is a permanent colour as the loreal website tells me then why did they put that through the entire length? My hair after was so so dry. After a lot of deep conditioning it's still pretty healthy. I want to be bright blonde again. What can I do? Or will I have to wait it out? How long to wait? What about a toner? Will the lowlights ever fade out??

Sorry this is sooo long =(

Was with head and shoulders, fairy liquid, or something like that to help lift the colour out, but make sure you use a good conditioning treatment on it regulary, at least onhce a week. I love Wella SP Repair range x

bleach is neededto dramatically lift semis or tinted hair . Bleach is way more harsh than the luocolour , as i gather you had blonde , it went too ashy and drab with the ash toner - so then ends got lifted , so even though its a differant salon , they know that the ends have been lifted more than once which is why they are reluctant to do it again.
The colour will fade , especially with spring/summer coming up , and next time you have the regrowth done the ends can be lifted a little anyway. it may be nice to have a little bit of warmth added to your hair , but it will be difficult not to cover over the blonde in your hair , and id suggest something like a coloured moouse or a shampoo color nothing even like a semi .

Latest posts

Back