(Hair) Is it too soon for colour to be re-done!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viola

Reaction score
My mum's regrowth colour has faded dramatically (almost back to the grey) she has contacted her salon and been told that they can fit her in this Saturday - my question is this: Is it safe for her to have her regrowth colour re-done so quickly? She only had it coloured last Saturday!!

She is desperate to go back and if I'm honest the grey looks really bad against her dark brown hair but I thought I should seek advice here first.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

i woud say it's safe with it being a re-growth yeah, if it's faded so quickly the salon can answer why :]

Hi Effy,

They did apologise (her usual hairdresser is on holiday so a different girl did her colour). I knew as soon as she arrived home that something was up as it looked lighter than usual at the scalp and after she showered the next day it washed out quite a bit. She's really not happy, if she could have gone today she would have done!

it's good they apologised. unfortunately these things happen but it least it can be fixed asap!

If she is just having a regular colour on her hair, not bleach or high lift...its safe to colour it several times within weeks...

If she is just having a regular colour on her hair, not bleach or high lift...its safe to colour it several times within weeks...

Hi
It was supreme by loreal, this is what she always gets - it has never washed out before. Will it still be ok to have it re-done? Not sure if this is 'regular' colour or not, my mum is very grey (I think it is for heavy grey?!) Sorry, does that make any sence?

strange , but it could have been a dodgy tube , maybe kept too warm ,or a dodgy batch . should be fine to have it redone , as long as their are no cuts or scratches on the scalp

Thats really strange for supreme not to cover! They could have mixed the colour wrong, like adding too much developer but it should be perfectly fine to have her roots done again on saturday x

Latest posts

Back