Hair previously coloured with henna

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny1976

Danny76
Reaction score
I had client the other day who previously coloured her hair(base 6) with henna,when i made highlights for her it hardly lifted,it came orange, anyone knows if this was caused by her coluring with henna before??
I used Matrix master light bleach with 6% ,her hair was very fine!!
Thanks

Henna usually contains metallic salts so you should have done an incompatibility test.
You’re incredibly lucky it didn’t all fizz and break off!

I had client the other day who previously coloured her hair(base 6) with henna,when i made highlights for her it hardly lifted,it came orange, anyone knows if this was caused by her coluring with henna before??
I used Matrix master light bleach with 6% ,her hair was very fine!!
Thanks
I had a client the other day who had used henne for years. First thing you should do is strand test /incompatibility test. When other oxidative chemicals come in contact with metalic salts (henna) it creates an exothermic chemical reaction. Causing heat, unwanted green tones (usually), it often bubbles, and leaves the hair like chewing gum. You're very lucky in this case. Malibu c were developing something that will help with the removal of henna, but not sure how that they got with it.

Latest posts

Back