Hair price queries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
Hi. Thinking to put my prices up soon. I've had a look through the thread and there's no conclusive answer. Would putting colours up by 6% be acceptable.

In May I will have been trading for 2 years. Without a price increase last year.

Also, my blow dry costs more than my dry cuts. Are your dry cuts the same, or more than blowdries.

I've read somewhere about not putting up all prices at once so I thought maybe colours in May and maybe cuts in September/October?

I'd put everything up from April as there's a minimum wage increase then not sure how much by though

I'd get rid of the dry cuts ASAP.:eek:
As for your other pricing, just go for it.
They either want you because you're good....or they want you because you're cheap....
I know what I'd prefer they booked me for;)

Why get rid of dry cuts? So you can charge for cut& blowdry is it?

They either want you because you're good....or they want you because you're cheap....
Unfortunately if I ended up getting rid of my dry cuts I'd lose a 5th of my sales.

I don't offer dry cuts either unless it's a child.

The 'DRY CUT' brigade get your expertise at a reduced cost!
IMO, it's hard to get a good result on dry hair.
What you get out of it, is blunt scissors and hair splinters!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

We all check over our cuts when complete, and 'tweek' when dry.
BUT A WHOLE CUT......:confused:
Take it off the menu, there's not enough money in it!:p

I don't offer dry cuts either, it's either a wet cut or cbd. Even if they say they don't want it shampooed I just say I will still need to spray it down with a water spray and charge same as wet cut. It's always those who want a complete restyle or haven't had their hair cut for over 6 months that ask too!

Latest posts

Back