Hair salon heating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppyisland

Reaction score
My salon doesn’t ha e has - meaning no radiators.
I have 2 over the door heaters and then when it goes cold I also have oil filled radiators but they’re bulky and ugly.
Does anyone have any good wall heaters that look smart?

My brother has a business selling and installing infrared heaters https://goodlife-heating.com. They are just thin flat discreet panels and take up no room. They can fix to walls or ceilings. They aren't heavy. My brother installs nationally - it's new technology and needs to be set up right which my brother can organise.

We don't have gas either and we were freezing in my salon. The storage heaters were expensive to run and useless and portable heaters just weren't giving enough heat as well as being ugly.

Last year I had a 900w infrared heater installed on the ceiling of my salon shop. It's on a thermostat. It's fabulous. It was way more expensive than a portable heater and I gulped a bit - but I needed to be warmer. In the winter we couldn't use the shop for manicures because it was too uncomfortable for clients as we lost so much heat through the glass shop front.

Amazingly, we were much warmer even though we'd replaced 2kw heaters with a 900W infrared heater. Infrared heating makes you feel warm and you can manage with much less power, so it's very cheap to run and environmentally friendly too. We are comfortable with the air temperature 2°C cooler than we usually need. I've ended up saving so much money that the heater will pay for itself in 3-4 years (depends how many weeks of the year I need the heating on)

As it was so cold last winter I also had a 400w heater installed in another room and I'm saving up my pennies to get another one or two in for this winter. The heating is wonderful - no cold or hot spots and you and your client can be comfortable even when you're working hard physically whilst your client is lying still on the couch.

I love this heating so much I've also bought one for my home bathroom to use when the gas heating isn't on.

My brother has a business selling and installing infrared heaters https://goodlife-heating.com. They are just thin flat discreet panels and take up no room. They can fix to walls or ceilings. They aren't heavy. My brother installs nationally - it's new technology and needs to be set up right which my brother can organise.

We don't have gas either and we were freezing in my salon. The storage heaters were expensive to run and useless and portable heaters just weren't giving enough heat as well as being ugly.

Last year I had a 900w infrared heater installed on the ceiling of my salon shop. It's on a thermostat. It's fabulous. It was way more expensive than a portable heater and I gulped a bit - but I needed to be warmer. In the winter we couldn't use the shop for manicures because it was too uncomfortable for clients as we lost so much heat through the glass shop front.

Amazingly, we were much warmer even though we'd replaced 2kw heaters with a 900W infrared heater. Infrared heating makes you feel warm and you can manage with much less power, so it's very cheap to run and environmentally friendly too. We are comfortable with the air temperature 2°C cooler than we usually need. I've ended up saving so much money that the heater will pay for itself in 3-4 years (depends how many weeks of the year I need the heating on)

As it was so cold last winter I also had a 400w heater installed in another room and I'm saving up my pennies to get another one or two in for this winter. The heating is wonderful - no cold or hot spots and you and your client can be comfortable even when you're working hard physically whilst your client is lying still on the couch.

I love this heating so much I've also bought one for my home bathroom to use when the gas heating isn't on.
Can I ask a body question? I'm due to have central heating installed at 5.5k.
How does this price compare?
I have 2 floors Victorian building/ 7 rooms x

Can I ask a body question? I'm due to have central heating installed at 5.5k.
How does this price compare?
I have 2 floors Victorian building/ 7 rooms x
Nosy*

Hi - you asked for a price guide. If you're installing central heating you might save quite a bit. My brother says it's a no brainier for installation because you save so much on mess and installation costs. I'm a bit of a technology geek so I read the detailed academic study that proved that with a unit of gas costing roughly half the cost of electricity, the running cost for infrared and gas is about the same for equal comfort in a modern home that's not super insulated. In other words it's very environmentally friendly. As the cost of gas is expected to increase, you'll be future proofing your heating costs. The older your property and harder it is to heat, the more you can save on running costs.

I've got a really old property that's damp too, so I'm recouping my installation costs. I'd imagine with a Victorian property you'll also have lower running costs than with gas. My husband's cousin had this installed in a flat conversion in a listed building because gas would have been a nightmare to install. He said he saved half the installation costs by just installing infrared heating.

The panels last something like 20 years, so you can take them with you if you move. I'm definitely not leaving mine behind for the landlord!

Hope evrything goes well with your project, your property sounds lovely.

Latest posts

Back